1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid-19 pros and cons

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Just no.

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Pro, nothing

Con, my wife has a childhood blood disease that puts her at high risk. I've gone out of my way to minimize the risks for her for the last week and a half, today she went to get a milkshake...

Wingnut and L8RSK8R like this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Dude my local group is some of the funniest shit I've ever seen in a completely wtf sort of way

K51000 likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Face palm to the milkshake...
    But as someone who's lived my whole life in a similar situation sometimes you just say fuck it and get the milkshake..
    What's she have if I may ask?
    The disease not the milkshake ..

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I am avoiding restaurants, however, the seasonal fried seafood place .7 miles away just opened for the season
    and I love their haddock sandwiches. I am going to take a chance but I'll skip the sandwich and get a basket or plate
    so nothing but fried food they won't be touching. I need my Clam Haven in the spring.

clam haven.jpg

jrsamples and K51000 like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well spoken, Cliff Claven. Enjoy your trip to the Clam Haven.

Metalhead and auminer like this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Can you pick me one up and make a road trip to deliver me one? Gas is cheap. You have a fuel efficient vehicle. I’ll tip ya a couple of rolls of TP?

K51000 likes this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

Scratch that.

Apparently they're closing public roads now. US129 just got shut down in NC.

Welcome to your new police state. What's next? Road side inspections to check your papers?

9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Pros- I'm still working my main FT job, doing practically nothing and getting paid for it.
    I'm not sick, not even a URI- common cold.
    Gas prices
    no traffic
    Cons- What this hype and hysteria is doing to the US and world economies.
    The 'other side of the aisle' is orchestrating this to take advantage of this for their own gains.
    People getting hysterical over a newer strain of a relatively common pathogen.
    my wife has fully bought into the hype, and makes me take my scrubs off at the door, and throws them in the washer and washes them immediatly- What a waste of good water. She tries to get me to shower too! It's like I told her, I showered last week. ;-)
    My son on the Autism Spectrum dislikes the little bit of virtual/skype classes he has to do.

10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Just down the road from Seacoast Sport Cycle?

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not sure you got what I'm saying. :D
    Isn't this thread supposed to compare how things are with the virus to how they normally are?

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

“temperature”

which will turn into chips
    Which will turn into “wrong chip, yer not going nowhere”

but we all had the freedom to stay at home and not watch the 5G towers installations happening.

418 likes this.
  14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yesterday I worked in the yard. Phil came over and we had a beer. Then I had like 3 more. Then I may, or may not, have accidentally burned one.
    Then I got The Broncho out and went out on a twenty mile hellion ride on our back country roads and chuckled my ass off. No I was no danger to anyone else. Yes I broke laws. And yes I giggled my ass off the whole time.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Written confessions are good for the soul.

cav115 likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You can see one from the other.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You burned a beer?

:D

18. giggity

giggity I don’t know bout that

holy shit ! that place is still open ? Born and raised in Derry and ate there all the time in the summer. Onion rings were amazing !

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

And for the local LEOs.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Pro: Just got my renewed passport
    Con: Well...