1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Countershaft seal dimensions on popular bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Jul 18, 2020.

1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The oil seal behind my front sprocket has started weeping in my MV Agusta. I've had to replace it before on a previous bike and cross referenced the part number and dimensions to get one quickly instead of waiting on the dealership. They're standard seals nothing bike mfg special.

Does anybody know the seal dimensions on some of the more popular bikes? R6, R1, Zx10 maybe? I'm trying to match 35 x 47 x 7. I figure it's a good chance the dealer will have one in stock that I can go pickup instead of order since I want to ride Sunday. Thanks.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If you have a local bearing supply house they stock seals too.

3. Critter

Critter Registered

Go to bearing supply house, there is little chance a dealer will have one in stock and then they will not have a way to look it up by size, usually there is a number on the outside of the seal, the bearing store should be able to look it up by that number

4. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

35-47-7 is a very standard rotary seal size. Go to a bearing house and get one. Twin lip seal if they have it. Funny enough, I have no idea why I remember this, but that’s the fork seal size for the CZ I raced in the early 70’s (and many other European mxers with 35mm forks). Bought a lot of those from the bearing house back in the day. Grease it liberally before install. Check for wear on the mating surface.

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

If bearing house does not have it check local small engine place that sells Husqvarna lawn machines.