1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could you guys help me with my new collection?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 27, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Starting this summer I'm going to consolidate my collection of 40-ish bikes down to around 4-5 bikes. I can only think of 2 or 3 that I just HAVE to have. I'll take these to the grave with me. Suggestions for others?

Keep in mind that I'm a 2 stroke Rossi fan. Would love to find a Rossi Priller 250 but I doubt that's gonna happen.

1. 500cc GP bike, probably a ROC or similar production bike due to costs
    2. Desmosedici
    3. RC30 or V-Due?
    4. RGB500?
    5. NR750?

2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I just can't see you without an Aprilia 250.... but that's a respectable list. And I'm guessing this list doesn't count some sort of adventure bike for just riding around on....

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If I could only find a factory Aprilia 250 :)

I'll still have my ADV bikes for sure. And a Hypermotard 1100.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

How about a Honda NSR 500V?
    Yamaha R7
    Harley VR 1000

5. ton

ton Arf!

sticking with iconic sportbikes rather than the 1950's era Italian goodness i'd make my museum out of... i submit:

Supermono

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yes Honda NSR for sure. No on the Harley and Yami. Just not interesting to me. The RC30 isn't too interesting, either.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

A maybe on the Supermono. I'm just not sold on why they are worth so much. Its like the MHR900E. I don't get the valuation on those things.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

riders or show pieces?

dobr24 likes this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Surprised you don't have a TZ700/750 on your list. Totally agree about the Supermono.

10. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

We should probably get some pics of the current collection to help with our decision making. :)

Boman Forklift, K51000 and JJJerry like this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Oval pistons for life!!!

cha0s#242 likes this.
  12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Dude don’t sell yourself short here. Get a good set of knee pads and a plane ticket to Tavullia and get it done. :D

5axis and TurboBlew like this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

midget wrestle the Uccio?? haha

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know what you got now and it might be easier to know what you're starting with.

If I was going to get 5 bikes, cost be damned but you could also get the bikes (forget a factory NSR500) here's what I'd do.
    1986 GSXR750 Limited.
    Aprilia RSW-2 500 (I love this thing with all on my boy including my peepee).
    Honder RC30
    Honder RS750
    I think I'd build a Suzuka 8hr replica as my fifth. GSXR or even older, as a street bike.

There's a bunch of other bikes I'd love to add like a Harley Fat Boy, VR1000, 888 or 851, Moriwaki framed GS1100, Kawasaki KV75, KX500 and a bunch of others but, the 5 above would be an okay start.

KR senior was selling a bunch of stupid awesome bikes and I think there was a YZR500 in there last I remember.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Exactly, big difference.

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Mostly house art. If I paid $80,000 for an NR750, I don’t think I would drive it down my gravel road. I’d want to, but that wouldn’t be too smart. It would be cool to load them up and take them for a track day every few years :)

SpeedyE and TurboBlew like this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

geezus!

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think they’re too common, and they just don’t make my peepee wiggle.

rd400racer likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember talking with the guys at South West Motorsports way back and they mentioned they had a NR and no one wanted it. :D

20. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

R7 not interesting!? That was my dream bike for soo long.