1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cota and Nascar.

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Dec 12, 2020.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

It may have been posted. And if so, I apologise. But Nascar is going to race on cota next year. Just seen it.

Also I know some don't do social media because of the bullshit involved. And I get it. But there is a new racing only app, called chckrd. It is a racing only app and covers every type you can imagine. Not advertising for them, just thought some would enjoy.

Attached Files:

Newyork, henry_carlson and TurboBlew like this.
  2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Maybe MA can piggy back on NASCAR since MotoGP is out

evakat likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Those big heavy cars are going to ripple the brake zones. I can’t see NASCAR sharing a track with MA.

Tj Hunter and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

The layout is there...it's already scheduled.

5. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

The ground settling out there has done more damage to the track than any race series has.

A. Barrister likes this.
  6. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

i imagen f1 cars have way more g force than NASCAR. COTA is a amazing place was just there last month what a first class racing facility

mpusch, Newyork and turbulence like this.
  7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Like the Daytona road course? Or Road America?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

The Rolex series beats them all as far as messing the tracks up... that was proven at Barber...

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I meant on the same weekend together as someone suggested above.

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Ya that's never happen.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why would ASSCAR want anything to do with motorcycle roadracing? Really, if there was anything they wanted from it they'd have done it decades ago. Or better yet, when DMG owned the series?

As for them going to COTA, if they are paying the COTA fees why wouldn't COTA have them? Can't imagine the track is in a position to turn away paying customers especially ones that bring in crowds like NASCRAP does (if they let them have crowds).

Neat track but a bad business decision to build that place the way they did. Almost as stupid as a city building a giant NFL stadium and expecting to recoup their investment.

badmoon692008 and 5axis like this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think a 3500 lb Cup will do some damage to that track.

13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

You don't think the owners used their own money to pay for the place, do you? OPM.

Tracks of the nature required to bring in F1 type races are very poor investments, unless using other peoples money.

rice r0cket likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hell no they didn't, they used investor's money. I can imagine a track like that is like the movie and music industry, even if it's a financial hit they find a way to show a loss.

Under Bernie there was no way for the tracks to even break even running an F1 race. Maybe it's better with the new group but Bernie shook down every revenue stream for his cut.

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

The track is already bumpy as shit. Maybe this will push them over the edge to force them to resurface.

16. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Next time I have the car up at Road America I'll crank up the downforce on the rear wing and the front splitter. Cant let the Rolex guys have all the fun. :crackup:

Razr likes this.
  17. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Really i was just there one noticeable bump.... come Ride Grattan cota is smooth as glass in comparison LOL

Gixxerguy855, rd400racer and 5axis like this.
  18. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Yall make it sound like you never raced on a former WW2 airfield repurposed to be a racetrack, with the original pavement still in use.

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

LOL I wonder which track you're talking about :D