1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corner Workers for 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So, time to start rounding up some people starting with Talladega February 11-12. There is a per diem to help with expenses. If you're interested email me at [email protected] and I'll pass your information on to Emily.

Thanks!

2. redhawkmoto

redhawkmoto Well-Known Member

I wish I wasn't deployed are y'all gonna be working cota again this yea r?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not us. Not sure who does COTA.

4. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Ridesmart

5. blam89

blam89 Well-Known Member

i'd love to start doing corner work for track days but i've never done it. how do i get started?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure on trackdays but I can hook you up for races (same basic job really). Email me at [email protected]

7. blam89

blam89 Well-Known Member

email in bound

8. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

^ guy is on the right path. lots to learn by watching 100s of bike going through a corner. i used to flag often. pick a corner youve had trouble with or one known to make or break lap times and observe closely. T1 on the first lap is sensory overload!

ive done several pro events and testing aswell and had some of the biggest names in racing approach me and actually ask me about my observations on that corner and give their thanks sometimes, suspension gurus asking for input too, got to know the best photogs in the bz and even got hooked up with speedvision back in the day from cornerworking.

help with the airfence if you can also.

9. blam89

blam89 Well-Known Member

airfence? whats that?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A pain in the ass to set up but great if you're falling down...

:D

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

thats the inflatable protective barriers that John Ulrich of Road Racing World started for us that is strategically placed in front of hard immovable objects around the tracks to minimize the racers risks of injury or worse.

it takes time to set up and take down prior to and after events. things may have changed since i last corner worked but they used to ask the flaggers and other crews for help with it.

Road Racing World Action Fund: http://actionfund.roadracingworld.com/

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    BHP41 and javyday like this.
  12. blam89

blam89 Well-Known Member

ah gotcha. im down to help wherever i can. whatever it takes to get more plugged in to racing/track days :)

13. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo im 20 minutes from Roebling and would love to corner work. Let me know what I need to do bud. Ive done corner work for CCS in the past would love to help out.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me for sure! I'll pass it on to Emily. I know Diane down there is coordinating things for Roebling and more help is always good :D

15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I'll cornerwork Putnam when WERA is back there again. :Poke:

But seriously, i wouldn't mind doing this a time or two if things were a bit closer.

r6boater likes this.
  16. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Figured it's too late to email Emily, need to deliver and pick up stuff at Tally next weekend, she need workers?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure - go ahead and email us.

18. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

I'm having a corner worker class this Wednesday night at my shop in Adairsville, Georgia. Address is 1002 Poplar Springs Road, Adairsville, 30103. SO far we have a bunch coming. We will go over the different flags, discuss duties and situations, and try to answer any/all questions. We will order some pizza in too and start at 6:30pm. If interested let me know [email protected]

This is not an advertisement for product or services. There is no cost involved for any attendee (hopefully this isn't deleted by Mongo)

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Will that be discussed on Bein Sports?

20. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

Probably not. Am I breaking some sort of rule again? I was asked by Emily to help provide corner workers this coming weekend.

I am sponsoring a well known rider and have been asked to participate in an interview. I can assure you if asked about WERA I will not respond in a positive way about administration.