1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cordless Lawnmowers?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Man that stuff is pricey though, if you were using gas pretty consistently it'd probably only be worth it just to run the final tank on it for winterization purposes

ducnut likes this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

While I'm not planning on going to a battery mower (3+acres to cut) I do plan on buying a battery trimmer here shortly. I don't trim much, just around the house, and my big stihl fs110 is overkill for most of it. I do the ditches a few times a year with a power scythe attachment and it's great for that, but for little trimming around the house it's just too much. I'm buying my dad a Makita battery trimmer for fathers day, and if I like it, I plan on buying the same for me. We're both already invested in the battery tools so we're good there.

Makita DO make a mower as well that uses 2 battery packs (36v). Not sure how good it is, but if you've got Makita tools and batteries already it might save you some dough. Plus they'd get used and maintained during the winter months.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I think this is more the case. I'm also cutting Bermuda grass which may have something to do with it. Thicker blades of grass an all...

Sharpening the blade is no big deal, and I've tried different blades just to see if the EGO one was shit, but it matters none so far. It's an even trade for not having to fill the gas can, or change the oil.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    ducnut likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Far too expensive and I’m not sure what’s in it for oil and mix ratio. The Stihl stuff I’ve used smells dirty, so I’m suspect.

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

My buddy sells the complete line of corded and cordless Makita products out of his shop. He speaks highly of their cordless products, even the steel-decked mower.

He’s well known on the product-side of the industry and would tell me if something is truly shit. He carries three different lines of chainsaws, because some companies build better stuff, depending on the size of saw needed. Whatever models are crap, he doesn’t carry. He’s 600mi from me and I bought a trimmer and buy all my bars, chains, and misc parts from him.

Tough stuff to mow. I don’t envy you.

6. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I wasn't a fan of the battery stuff until I tried the 80v Kobalt trimmer based on the reviews.
    Liked it so much I bought the blower too.

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

80V? Holy moly! I’ll have to go have a look.

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

cue the nerds: "it's not the volts that cut the grass, it's the amps"

Mot Okstef and ducnut like this.
  9. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    The trimmer has 2 speeds.
    Never had to put it on high yet.
    The blower has 3 speeds.
    Thing will almost blow over my bikes when drying them.

From dead to full charge only takes about 20 minutes

ducnut likes this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

What about the watts? :D

11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Capture.JPG

ducnut likes this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This whole damn thread will be filled with uppercuts when Broome reads it.

Gorilla George, cav115 and motion like this.
  15. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I have a ryobi mower that is self propelled and it last long enough to cut the entire 1/2 acre lot. Works great.

motion likes this.
  16. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Dude. Just buy a volt or leaf and sell your motorcycles. Get an eton or whatever. Anything battery powered that has a gas powered version is complete and utter crap.

SuddenBraking and motion like this.
  17. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

I use this Bluetooth hose it’s the bomb!
    upload_2019-6-10_19-19-41.jpeg

zjay, scottn, ducnut and 2 others like this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

What if I said the electric mower is really for the wife, not me?

19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I believe thats on the mancard list of acceptable answers actually.

motion likes this.
  20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I will only consider an electric mower when ryobi makes one that accepts 4 of the 18(?) volt batteries my other power tools already use. Wiring multiple smaller batteries in series to broaden their use seems like a no brainer...