1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cop shoots dog.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cav115, Jul 19, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

My cat Killer attacked me again today while I was in the back yard doing yard work etc. I was in shorts and the little F’r took a run at me and began stalking me. At this point you don’t want to turn away or move back as this is a trigger point that makes them attack. So I moved towards him when he jumped on my leg no different then how we have all seen a tiger jump attack. It’s amazing how tense and dead weight they become when you pick them up. Yeah he drew blood with his teeth but he’s doesn’t claw me. So I can’t even think what a 400lbs tiger could do.

46C7FF63-0526-4FED-A355-D23A692CDCAF.jpeg

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

RIP Killer... o_O

Britt likes this.
  3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Our "rescue cat" (Fkker) was sitting on the arm of the couch once, I was scratching it around the ears..like always...suddenly little Fkker attacks the shit out of me for ZERO reason..teeth and claws...reflexively i backhanded him..he landed about 12-15ft away in the kitchen...disappeared into my office...after I got the bleeding to stop I went down to the office, to check on him...Fkker was PISSING on my Leather Couch....I picked him up by the scruff of the neck and set him OUTSIDE very gently...that is where he lived for the remainder of his life OUTSIDE..in the Horse Barn...no more HouseCats..ever.

turner38 and cav115 like this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Eric,

You don’t owe me an apology.

I’m sorry I made you feel that way.

You gotta’ harden up a bit, man. Life, whether it’s animals or humans, will eat you up. If you don’t look at things with self-preservation in mind, they’ll eventually get you.

Hopefully, this will give you some insight to how bad a high-volume, animal operation can be. If you’ve ever watched the Bronx Zoo show on TV, you’ll see no keepers are ever in direct contact with many of the animals. The clinic’s kennel room has an additional and separate, exterior entrance for ingress/egress of aggressive animals. This keeps them from being a threat to other clients/animals/personnel in the rest of the clinic. Once the owner puts them in a run, they’re there for the duration. The kennel runs have an operable partition. Kennel personnel lower the partition, clean one end of the kennel, change out bedding, food, and water, then, raise the partition for the animal to move to the other end. The partition is again lowered, so the other end can be serviced. The runs are lined with walls, so there’s no way one animal can get to the adjacent animals. There’s a separate cat room with kennel cages, so they’re not in proximity of dogs. There are three additional rooms with kennel cages that can be used for additional needs animals, such as aggressive cats and ill/isolation animals.

Speaking of cats, if you’ve never witnessed an aggressive cat, you’ve not seen anything. They tweek hard, man. While some cats are stressed and cower, others go into full-on attack mode. There’s is yet another separate, exterior entrance where an owner can bring their cat straight into an isolated room and cage, to help minimize stress. If they can be kept calm, they’ll stay at the back of their cage. Their litter pan and dishes are kept in the front of the cage, to minimize escape risk. Should they escape the cage, they’re confined to the room, since all doors are closed behind, throughout the clinic (policy). There are concertina gloves and a full-length, protective coat to don, for protection. The ownership and doctors are the only people allowed to capture aggressive cats. Cats have caused far more bloodshed than dogs, despite them being a fraction of the patient list. She has scars on her face, arms, legs, and hands from cats going ballistic during exam/treatment.

I’m embarrassed to tell you, the animal count we care for is in the double digits. We try really hard to help them adjust/adapt, so they can be adopted out. There’s nearly 1/2ac of fenced ground that is fully planted in plant material, beds, and such. The house is almost completely open to them, as well. It truly is a dog’s world, here, where they’re free to roam and enjoy their life. We have had the occasional issue and, currently, have two that aren’t allowed to roam together, unsupervised. But, for the most part, dogs (even reported behavioral dogs) seem to just relax and blend into the pack, once here. We’ve even had a huge, 30lb(!) Tom cat spend days here, roaming around with the dogs.

Like you, we truly do care for/about animals. We do our best, to ensure they have as promising of a chance at life as we can give them.

Peace.

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I had to put one down early in my career after it came after me at a call. I dodged him twice but the third time he got ahold of my left forearm near my wrist.

I didnt enjoy that one bit. I had powder burns on my arm, too.

To this day that still bothers me having to do that.

ducnut likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Naw man, he’s just playing around.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yet another Police K9 killed today by another Sheriff's Deputy ..On a Domestic Call..dog slipped out of the cruiser..bit the first person he saw running it was another officer who shot him...just fkn sad end to the Dogs 10yrs at...Paulding County Ga.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

First day with the new rescue a couple weeks ago. Really curious exactly what Alley was thinking about the interloper...

4BEE6CEB-206F-488C-9F90-E751A08614F9.jpeg

G 97 likes this.
  9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

How to murder it and make it look like an accident...:D

We brought home a rescue kitten and the elder cat hates it. Brought home a rescue puppy, elder cat hates it. Brought home a 1.5 year old rescue lab, elder cat doesn't mind her. So weird. The elder cat will hiss at everything except the lab.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Kittens and puppies are cute and get all the attention. Elder cat doesn't want attention, elder cat simply doesn't want interlopers to get attention.

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Pussy...:D

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

The first week or so was iffy. They seem to be getting along pretty good now.

Lil cat is getting braver and big cat just knocks him on his ass when he’s gets too ballsy.

Other half of the time they hang out napping, lil cat crawls up on big cat and goes to sleep.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

He’s saber-toothed. :D
    114A4286-C9A7-4483-8E2B-585007DB5BE0.jpeg

cav115 likes this.
  14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

15. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Guess the same could be said for those couples that adopt children as well. She didn't birth 'em, still not your kid.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That is how Islam actually views adoption. There is some reasoning to it, so the child's real/actual lineage isn't negated or concealed, and I guess in later life they don't inadvertently marry or reproduce with an unbeknownst to them relative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_adoptional_jurisprudence

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

But if they know the person is their brother, they can still marry them.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You're pissing off some West Virginians...

19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I get what you're talking about, "those" extreme people, but yeah, the pup (I say that, knowing he turns 10 years old this fall) is still very much a family member. He has medical insurance, dental plan, health plan...so where's my big tax breaks like you get with kids? Ohh that's right, I'm not raising another future tax payer... :D

ducnut likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That does not appear to be the case, translation there at the bottom Surah Al-Nisah 4:23