1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cop shoots dog.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cav115, Jul 19, 2019.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So yesterday, an leo is called for a nuisance dog chasing peeps, and responds.

Gets to residence, gets out of car @ curb, tells lady to put dog inside, he needs to talk to her.

Lady puts dog inside, then door opens again and dog runs straight at cop , snarling and showing teeth.

leo shoots dog.

FB posts were unbelievable. First (before cam footage is out) she claims dog was chasing a squirrel and leo had no justification.

Followed by pages of posts of peeps saying he should die, his kids should be shot in face, etc.

People can be scum.

Unbelievable the hate for LEOS. Totally justified shot.

Turns out dog has been a problem for an extended time.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I love animals, but with the limited info provided, this sounds like a legit shoot. The owner is the problem. There is no such thing as a bad dog. There are lots of bad dog owners. This dog should have been trained and disciplined by it's owner and this issue would have never presented itself.

Trent and cav115 like this.
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Some guy was walking his pit bull through our neighborhood last week. Pit bull got loose from him and attacked our neighbors dog while she was walking her. Left a 4 inch gash in dogs abdomen. Guy grabbed his pit bull and ran off, we have no idea who he is.

My wife asked me if she would be justified in shooting the dog if this happened to her. I told her yes. Project yourself and our dog(s). Kind of a shock question from my wife considering she would rather put a bullet in a human than harm any animal.

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Agree. Love dogs also. Video @ WHIO . Incident in Sidney, Ohio.

Just hard to see all the hatred for an leo . He`s a good guy, loves dogs also.

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

People ask me why I despise Obama as much as I do, basically, the bold above is why. I mean a good amount of people always hated LEO's but that pos made it popular and justifiable to not just 'those' (ftp'ers) types but also regular folks to unhealthy levels. As a result of his Presidency we now have Democrat spawns brazen enough to spew off undeserving rhetoric just like their former messiah did, again, encouraging the ftp types to question authority. I wonder if the day will ever come when some will hold him accountable to the unnecessary deaths that have occurred during and since his Presidency who think it's OK to not comply and question the law out on the streets.

sheepofblue, blkduc and cav115 like this.
  6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The owner left him very little choice. It's on her, not the cop or the dog.

Banditracer likes this.
  8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Should have shot the owner too.

9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Sad for the dog, but justifiable.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah and she obviously didn't latch the door closed unless the dog charged thru the screen but the story doesn't say that.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I understand the love for animals and all that, but we are living in bizarre f'ing times.

Just a scant few decades ago dogs were considered work animals, not family members. Now people are forgoing having their own children to be a "fur mommy", and they refer to their dogs as "kids". Lady, you didn't birth that puppy into this world, its actual mother did and then you took it. Its not your kid or your baby, its your friggin pet for crying out loud.

Don't get me wrong now, I'm not advocating for cruelty to animals or anything even remotely of the sort, and I'm all for treating pets humanely and decently, I actually like playing around with dogs quite a bit.....I'm talking about people treating pets like they're human family members. Might catch some flak for this but whatever, I think if you stop and think about it rationally it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

https://thefederalist.com/2017/05/09/pets-instead-kids-considered-psychiatric-disorder/

cav115, #1StreetRacer and tl1098 like this.
  12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My best friend of 14 years died a few weeks ago. It damn sure felt like I lost a family member. However, dogs are happier if you treat them like dogs and not like humans.

cav115 and jase like this.
  13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Agree.

I wouldnt have shot the dog personally, even if it bit me, but thats just me. If you are willing to get bit, overpowering/controlling a dog is not hard.
    As far as the dog, that was a information-gathering attack, the dog wasnt 100% confident, and was advancing & quickly assessing....it could have gone either way, dependant on the way the guy acted.

Since the police report said the dog had been loose and was attacking others (w/out biting anyone).....I dont think the dog would have bit that cop. I think it was aggressive bluff.
    But, I dont blame the cop......people get scared/freaked when seeing that coming at them.
    I dont think the dog would have actually bit though.

I will say, if one feels the need to discharge a firearm to stop a dog attack/approach.....firing a round into the dirt next to the dog, will stop the attack just as fast as firing into the dog itself. The gunshot will break the dog from his thought/goal/etc.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    ryoung57 likes this.
  14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I like dogs, a lot, but the dogs are people too folks have always made me laugh. That said, I believe dogs as a whole are better than most humans.

Banditracer and jase like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What kind of dog rapist advice is that? :crackup:

cav115, ducnut, noles19 and 1 other person like this.
  16. SpeedyE

:crackup::clap::crackup::Putter:

17. SpeedyE

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Good way to get bit. If you decide you have to shoot then shoot to kill. Warning shots????

19. SpeedyE

I think the quote is "Shoot to stop the threat" ....and the gunshot/warning will immediately stop the threat w/out killing. Why kill anyone/anything, when you don't have to? :confused:

20. SpeedyE

I had a cop buddies bi-polar german shepard nail me in the hamstring and then finally lock onto the back of my knee (blindsided me from behind....didnt see him coming) ....I was running around in his backyard and triggered the dog....once i realized the situation, I detached w/out much effort or anymore damage to myself. My favorite pants were destroyed, but I got a free PD T-shirt from him, LOL!!!!!

A dog is not a mother bear w/ cubs. Doesnt have claws etc. It cant kill you. and if you watch/control the mouth, it's got nothing on you.

ryoung57 and Newsshooter like this.