1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooper's Treasure

Discussion in 'General' started by rk97, May 9, 2017.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

on discovery channel

I'm intrigued and I keep watching each week, but this Daryl guy is kind of a douche, and if it wouldn't ruin the season, I would find myself rooting for him to fail.

2. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

This map he has pretty much is google earth, lol. That being said I'm watching it as well. He seems like he desperately wants people to know he was good friends with Cooper. As if he's trying to sell it.

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

He's a name-dropping douche. Like his father.

Illusions of grandeur.

Maybe he'll change my mind, but I don't really like him.

4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

And the "family time" segments seem a bit forced.

But, I still watch it, mostly just to see what they find... could have been a really neat 3-4 part special. Instead I get 3-4hrs of recordings of the same content every week.

5. I'm going on an adventure looking for the treasure right after some buys my 10 BSB bikes I have (well you know can get) and I'm bringing Jimmy Hoffa's corpse with me. I know a guy who knows a guys grandpa that knew Hoffa.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cooper who? DB? He's dead and the money is rotting away in the woods.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Spoiler - Nothing. They won't find anything. It's like that damned Oak Island show - never gonna find anything.
    It is more likely Honda finds their balls and releases the bad assed bike they should. The hippy company is never going to do that. Ever. Even when they figure out how to make kick ass electric bikes, they won't make one for the retail market.

TurboBlew, Gorilla George and scottn like this.
  8. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Seems odd he didn't try looking until after Gordon's death. Is that because he wasn't really his friend but he found a way to make it look plausible afterwards? Dad seems like a real piece of work. Like Oak island Ill DVR it and catch the results later when I'm really bored, but the story is intriguing.

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Pulling inspiration from the lotto thread, If I won, I'd throw a bunch of gold, and other "treasure" down the oak island hole. Maybe some gold chocolate coins, and a ring pop too. Charter a plane every once in a while to fly over the db cooper flight path and litter the area with $100 bills. Maybe fake ones, with Coopers face on them.

Shenanigans likes this.
  10. So was there a real dude named DB Cooper and is there really a missing "treasure"?

I thought that whole story was made up.

aloyas likes this.
  11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There's a real alias for a hijacker of Dan Cooper, the DB part was made up. He went out the back of a plane with 200 grand. They've found a couple few grand rotting away in a sandbar. I'm sure the rest is out in the woods somewhere, along with a skeleton.

13. Wellillbedamned. When I win the lotto, I'm gonna go find that treasure. :D

14. I wouldn't like that show. I don't like shows with a singular end goal/objective, that go on for multiple episodes. In a movie, sure...but not a whole series.

Like Prison Break. We tried to watch it, and got like 10 episodes or some shit in and the motherfuckers are still in prison. It's like, are they gonna get out or not? I gave up on it.

This show would be like that. All kinds of bullshit thrown in there to fill the time, when all anybody wants to know is if dude is gonna get the damn treasure or not.

15. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

coopers treasure is not about DB Cooper, it is about Gordon Cooper, an astronaut that orbited the earth during the cold war, Cuban missile era, and "supposedly" had equipment on the capsule that could detect metal "anomalies" (like missiles, weapons etc.). the story is, and what the show is about is, "he (Gordon) started seeing this equipment give readings in shallow reef areas of the worlds oceans, where he started making notes, and a "map" to these items believing they were shipwrecks filled with treasure".

this guy on the show "knew" Gordon, and supposedly Gordon gave all the info to the guy so, he could find the treasure.

I started watching it but, become bored with the guy, and his "all about me" attitude. Ski

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah got ya, different treasure hunt. If the original dude never found a thing in 40-50 years isn't it already a busted theory?

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You are going to spend money to look for less money? God I love you lol

aaronson likes this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You mean like racing?

19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Exactly only racing is fun

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. :crackup: