1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cooking thread(john cook main result on search)lol

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Aug 2, 2018.

1. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I didn’t no. It may be at my folks place still my dad still uses the scale, his big ass butchers block and some other stuff.

2. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

I started out on those old wooden cutting blocks. Good times - lots of stories

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

i might have to get an instapot

4. zamboiv

Chorizo anyone?

Attached Files:

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

TV in the kitchen is nice :D

6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

God, I love meat.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So many possibilities.

speedluvn, Phl218 and ungwaha like this.
  8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I can only think of 3.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

ha ha.

11. zamboiv

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense and what I kind of thought but it was more fun to talk about the nice tv in the kitchen than the nice counters in the garage :D

13. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

pfhenry likes this.
  14. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Yeah there are:
    Smoked brisket
    Pulled pork
    Country style bacon
    Ham steak and eggs

om nom nom.

15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

found this dudes shows on boob tube recently.. tons of cool trickery
    Heston Blumenthal

16. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

https://cafedelites.com/pork-chops/
    pork chops with creamy mushroom sauce

Made this the other night and it was downright amazing. Didn’t take very long either. I’m going to try it with chicken breast for dinner one day this week.

17. joec

joec brace yourself

I did just buy the wifi insta. I almost hate to admit. Can't wait till it gets here to see what I can do with it.

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I like the instapot quite a bit, but I don't like the recipes, too much. It is like any other kitchen tool figure out what it can do and then get after it. I made chili this afternoon. Dried beans to cooked in 45 minutes using the pressure cooker function. I set them to drain and used the sautee' setting to brown the beef, onions, garlic and tomato paste. Added the rest of the ingredients and used the slow cooker function for another hour and a half at which point it automatically went to holding temp on warm until the cornbread was done. One pan and 4 settings later I had some of the best darn chili you can imagine. I like being able to use dried beans in under an hour. I don't like canned beans nearly as much anymore.
    I still have lots more to experiment with, but I can get some awesome chicken wings out of that thing, then just crisp them up in the oven or on the grill.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been having issues figuring out the new crockpot - old one on low would simmer things all day, on high it'd be almost a full boil. New one (fancier metal crock and does searing and all that crap) on low never gets things cooked. So after doing half a big ass chuck roast last weekend in the Crockpot I tried the Insta yesterday - seared the roast in the pot, tossed in onions and celery as it cooled back down, mixed up a bottle of Gunness and can of shroom soup along with a packet of Lipton onion soup. Flat out amazing after cooking for 2 hours and sitting for another 20-30 minutes letting the steam out naturally. Made a roux and used all the liquid to make gravy. Only change I'd make is leave out the soup mix, not really necessary and made it a touch saltier than I like but still a killer Sunday winter meal.

I've got a bunch of different beans in the pantry so soups will be the next experiments.

I did also get the wifi Anova over t-day weekend cheap which means the bluetooth only one will go in the RV, I'm kind of excited to cook at the track next season :crackup:

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Since PC is not here to point out the obvious flaw, I'll step in...proper chili does not include beans. RIP Panther, this one's for you.:D

Banditracer likes this.