1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contractors at it again. This time in Haiti.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw the story when it hit the news and it had all the signs. My first thought was they were sent there to instigate a(nother) coup. Still not clear what they were doing and who for. It will probably fade away quietly once enough money changes hands.

"Thenewsrep
    Chris Osman and Chris McKinley (formerly known as Chris Heben) were arrested this weekend in Port-au-Prince, Haiti on conspiracy charges. Also arrested in the same group was a former US Marine named Kent Kroeker and several Serbian contractors identified as Bajavic Danilo, Vlad Jankovic and three others named Estera Michael, Daniel Dustin, and Burton Talon. According to Danilo’s LinkedIn account, he works for a company called K17 Security.

According to the Miami Herald, the group of private security contractors were parked in a SUV and a pickup truck about a block away from Haiti’s central bank when they were approached by local police officers. Suspicions were aroused because the vehicles had their license plates removed. The contractors told the police that they were on a “government mission” according to the Haitian police department, but officers were skeptical of this claim and continued to question them.
    As of Wednesday, the website offers the disclaimer: “Kroeker Partners LLC has no active engagements underway in Haiti and is not in a position to offer comments on recent developments in the country.”
    When the police discovered that the contractors were heavily armed and unwilling to identify themselves, they were taken into custody. In the vehicles police discovered, “six automatic rifles, six pistols, two professional drones and three satellite phones. They also found a telescope, backpacks, gun vests, professional tapes and documents” to include a list with names on it the Miami Herald reports.

One of the contractors allegedly claimed that they were working for the central bank, but the bank’s governor claims to have had no knowledge of them. Interestingly, their passports were not stamped with entry visas into the country. All eight contractors are currently being detained by Haitian authorities and the US consulate has been made aware of their arrest."

2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Maybe they wanted to bring some Democracy to Haiti's last remaining 1.8 tons of gold
    [​IMG]

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Kelly's Heroes!

4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's the second time I've heard reference to that movie today. Time to watch it again.

cav115 and Steeltoe like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Definitely not. Ive seen him on TV doing auto commercials as well. I've talked to old vets and he is the type that irks many of them with his big mouth.

Be curious to see what they were really up to. My money is on the gold. I wonder how they got in and were planning to get out of the country.

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Dudes a screaming douche bag....

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

X1,000,000,000

upload_2019-2-20_20-52-40.jpeg

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Always with the negative waves.

11. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Drones? These the guys that tried to take out Maduro? :D
    This is some real deal hitman sh&* So what's up with Haiti's gold? I ain't privy.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Just that they were found a few blocks from Haiti's central bank, one of the crew claimed to be a bank employee. It definitely seems like whatever plan they had cooked up involved that bank.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That has got to be the most misrepresentative chart ever made! Those little tiny columns on the right represent 1.8 tons. The HUGE columns on the left, five times larger, represent 1.81 tons. They represent 1/2 a percent more gold, but they’re 500% larger.

Man, I hate the media.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, you're gonna rob a bank and you assembled a pretty impressive crew, arms and support items. Your plan is shitty and not well thought out but still, you're armed well enough to impress the internet tactifools.

Why would you choose a bank in Haiti!?!? You'd need a fork lift to load and an 18 wheeler to haul away enough gourde to even pay your bar bill from the night before.

Morons! What are they gonna do next? Plan a cookout in Venezuela? Plan a beach party in Somalia?

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe they weren’t after the gold? None of that makes sense.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gold is a pain in the ass. A "standard" gold brick weighs 25 pounds. Going to take a long time to load up enough before the cops show up with machetes to chop you to pieces.
    and where you going to sell such large amounts of gold? Rick at Pawn Stars is going to have to call in a friend to value it and by the time he's done, the cops are gonna be all over you.

K51000 likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Which media is that chart from?

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

So this grand plan to rob the central bank of the gold, hatched by a bunch of bad assed professionals (just ask them, they'll tell you) was foiled by a couple Haitian beat cops?

K51000 likes this.
  20. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I thought the same, seems the scale was used for sensationalism to me