1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contingency payouts

Discussion in 'General' started by evakat, Mar 23, 2022.

1. hdpromos

hdpromos Well-Known Member

Johnny B, you and Sabre699 are trying to drag me into this thread and I guess you've done it by me saying anything! However I don't know a thing about it. What I do know was that for the 30 years that I sanctioned with CCS, I would express mail the contingency forms to the CCS office in Texas (normally within 2 days after each event). And they would then verify the results with the completed contingency forms and get it to the contingency sponsors for payment. Over all those years there were very few problems with riders not getting paid in a timely fashion. So I don't know what the problem is now but they sure need to fix it ASAP!

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Hell, Henry, I said you wouldn't come on here. You made me lose my bet! :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

What did the track do for Nascar that affects CCS? I never heard of any of that, so actually curious.
    And yeah, races there were always more expensive and only 4 or so laps since the track is so long, but I was happy to pay the extra money to race there.

Last month CCS at Homestead was the most empty race weekend I ever seen, I am almost certain the lost money.
    One of the races had a 3 wave start, and there was literally 1 rider in each wave. Everyone won that race.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Ccs is getting outplayed by the Pan-America series down there pretty bad TBH

5. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

oh look, he came out from under his desk again!

I never had contingency issues when Henry ran FL. That’s about the only thing he was good at

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Henry = Beetlejuice?

7. hdpromos

That's not very nice :(

8. hdpromos

Not sure Beetlejuice would like that :rolleyes:

9. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Your race director/ref/tech guy in the wheelchair was awesome too. That guy was top notch and a real stand up person...

10. hdpromos

That's a stretch!

11. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

For the last bunch of ccs races there its been held near the 4th of July. Well Nascar apparently wanted that weekend.

Been a few classes at BHF that had 1 rider last year. Betting this year there will be less due gas prices.

rafa likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

Remember when WERA fees were too expensive and they were gonna go out of business since everybody was switching to CCS because Mongo was an asshole?

All the while complaining about this on the WERA forum? Because CCS forums was shit?

Ah, yes. Those were the days. ;)

[​IMG]

TurboBlew and ToofPic like this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well it’s a damn good thing Evelyne came to her senses and put a tighter leash on Mongo. Imagine how bad it would be if he was *still* an asshole?

Sabre699, ToofPic and 418 like this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

All contingent...

see!! :)

Past Glory and 418 like this.
  15. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

The " original" complainer has even offered to take the torch and handle the contingency issue with ccs. So far to no avail.
    There's a new lady now handling it, but has stated she's unclear about the past issues.
    If it were me reading between the lines.. y'all ain't getting shit!
    No one is addressed the issue yet!! And they have even talked shit bout wera having small turnouts,yet wera doesn't have these issues. Guess where my money goes!

418 likes this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It’s all about the people not the company.... good companies are good because of the people. Bad people hurt companies. Even ones that we think are usually great.

There is no reason for contingency issues. It’s a complex with the person in charge of doing that job. It’s bullshit and a power move by someone that was probably a bully/bitch there entire lives.

I was told in a tower full of scorers and officials that my results would not be sent to Kawasaki. So I pulled out my phone and called Reid Nordin, the head of Team Green and asked if she wanted to talk to him. It was bullshit, should’ve never happened, and none of the ones she normally yanked around could call Kawi management. I never spent another penny racing with them.

What was the issue?
    I made a mockery of their race. I unloaded put the bike out of a truck, no practice. Then started by putting it in the lead spanking their regulars racers asses on old tires and pump gas. After leading the first hour I pulled in and parked it... I had an arrangement with Kawi and that paid more than winning would have after normal expenses. I was owed show money too that they didn’t pay. They claimed I had to put in a real effort. I defined “show” money for them... I also told them I showed the enire field my ass for an hour... Never again did they get a penny of race fees.

ToofPic and 418 like this.
  17. Johnny B

Now that's even funnier than "All off, one wave!"

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I don’t know that one... Loudon classic?

19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Simply no comparison between ccs under Henry and what it is today. Henry ran a tight ship and things were good. Now days, not so much

20. Johnny B

Vintage Celebration. You have a PM.

27 likes this.