1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contingency payouts

Discussion in 'General' started by evakat, Mar 23, 2022.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Just looked up the schedule, closest race to me woult be Grattan, 4:30 hours, farthest is 8 hours.

Currently im an hour from Blackhawk and just over an hour to Autobahn.
    Use to be 3 hours to Road America and once a year 8 hours to Brainerd (never went there)

I might try Grattan with Wera at some point, CCS right now has 4 Blackhawks and 2 Autobahn weekends for us. No Road America and Brainerd is TBD.

R/T Performance and voss555 like this.
  2. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

CCS would be a bit better if they got the Road America date back and if Brainerd didn't have a 16 yo age minimum. But especially this year the 4 hour drive to BHF beats the 14+ to Nelson and Pitt.

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Bet he won't touch this thread with a ten foot pole.

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yep every year and I've wrote them for some others and got them good deals also

ToofPic likes this.
  5. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Yeah, it really depends on your location lol. BHF is a 4.5 hour drive for me while Grattan is 50 minutes. furthest drive for me on the North Central schedule is Pitt Race at 4.5 hours. Believe it or not, Road America is only 20 minutes further away from my house than BHF is..

I would be more interested in CCS in they had a Road America round again like in 2020. I really wish CCS could figure out how to return to Gingerman. Maybe having it RIGHT after Road America (literally the most expensive event to race at) isn't a great idea.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    rafa likes this.
  6. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I used to be a little spooked out by the cold Grattan stuff. Especially in the morning. However, if Aaron Risinger can wake up and start knocking off 1:19/20's on his BMW first thing in the morning, I can shut the fuck up about how "I FeEl LiKe I dOnT hAvE aNy TrAcTiON iT's SlIpPy" while running 1:26's lmao.

RRP and Chino52405 like this.
  7. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

the contingency thing seems to be the same few complaining. but yet they do nothing other than complain and keep racing with the series.
    if they're unhappy, find another series.
    i got tired of reading the "i spend thousands every weekend" over a 1000-2000 payout for a season. if you're club racing for the money, find another league.

8. noles19

To me the racer is going through the effort and doing it correctly, the companies are taking care of their end also.. so in that case it's really the organization that's the issue and if they don't want to deal with it they shouldn't claim high contingency pay outs like they are even talking about in the comments on Facebook.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

you're 100% correct. but if the business isnt holding up their end of the deal, stop doing business with them.

ToofPic, ungwaha and noles19 like this.
  10. alan

alan Well-Known Member

I'm not on Facebook so I don't know who is complaining or where they are from. But if another org doesn't race in your area it doesn't leave much option besides complaining or spending even more to travel to a different region.

11. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I was talking to a buddy that races some with ccs.
    He says he just makes sure he takes pics of all the parts and decals for that particular weekend of racing... then also makes sure he gets a pic or copy of the results...
    And sends all that info into his sponsors himself... just so he is 100% sure his shit is in and done.

ToofPic and Sabre699 like this.
  12. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

if the business sucks and you continue to use them, who's fault is it?

evakat likes this.
  13. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

If there's a consistent issue like what's being described here then it's the business owner(s).

I see what you're getting at however if someone is in the business of a certain thing and can't even get that straight then feel free to explain how that's on the participants/ customers.

14. noles19

And that's absolutely fair, I think a lot of time clubs become very close and the people bitching think doing so will somehow fix it, and that's never the case

DBConz likes this.
  15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

you go to a restaurant and the food is wrong/bad. you go back and get the same poor service. you voice your complaint on Yelp/Google/etc. management ignores your complaints. but you then return to that restaurant, spend money, and continue to complain about service.

i'm sorry, but at some point it's the customer's fault for being too stupid to continue doing business knowing their experience will be less than satisfactory

16. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

CCS is the only restaurant in town in some areas. Are the townspeople made to starve because the restaurant owner(s) can't get their shit straight? Yes, I get the answer is "go somewhere else" however that's not a viable option according to some of the posts in this thread.

17. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

now me personally, i didnt like my home track, series, nor what management was doing about it. so for the past 8 seasons, i tow my trailer elsewhere. sure it's a minimum 8 hour drive now for me to race elsewhere, but it's better than me saying in my head "why am i doing this, if i'm unhappy here".

i guess i just have a different approach to when i come across a business that isnt meeting my expectations. whining about it on social media, but continue to do business with that company makes me feel like it's the customer's own fault after several unsatisfactory experiences.

ToofPic likes this.
  18. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Like it or not, social media is a thing.

Speaking as an owner, if a customer of mine is complaining about my business anywhere online, that's a problem for me because I've done nothing to address the customer's concerns directly and they've now taken it to an open forum that's easily accessible by anyone with technology.
    I hear what you're saying with the folks that complain online, especially of they have a choice to make a change. Completely agree.
    It's the people that don't have a choice who will do whatever it takes to be heard.

19. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Not a dollar in the fight... but happy it's being brought to everyone's attention.
    The party involved seemed to address the issue diplomatically to no resolve.
    The squeaky wheel usually gets the greaseā€¦ Or replaced.
    In this case neither party is going away however eyes are now upon the organization to do better.

evakat likes this.
  20. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I dont think CCS will be going to Road America again. With the last few events there being a money loser for them (not enough entries combined with CCS getting charged for idiots who leave tires and gas cans) and then the track cranked up their rental fees by double digits combined with the track bending over backwards for nascar, I doubt they will be back.