1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continental tires east coast?

Discussion in 'General' started by burnham, Jul 31, 2012.

1. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

Anyone in the north east running these tires, I need to know where I can buy some. thanks.

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Not sure on North east, but MPHbikes.com is the southeast dealer for them

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Quentin at Mize Moblie used to but he dropped them. You can contact Brett Folkerts or order directly through Conti-race.com. I love my Conti's but hate the lack of support.

4. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

I have a couple sets left from last year. P.M. me if you are gonna be at VIR.

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

It sure is a good way to promote your product. Limited track support, to pretty much no track support. They wonder why they don't sell more of them as well.

6. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Brett's not doing it anymore either.

He sent me to Rob Olivia:

[email protected]
    712-255-7955

7. kanatuna

Yea I just found that out. That sucks bad.... Looks like I will be switching brands again. Bridgestone it is.

8. MC Power House

MC Power House www.mphbikes.com

Hey now let's not make any rash decisions...

We are still servicing the SE events for Conti and can always ship tires if you are going to an event out of our area...

9. kanatuna

How would we deal with race certs through you?

10. LMsports

LMsports Well-Known Member

I agree that we are definitely struggling with trackside support. What we have found is that established tire vendors have a loyal following with the brands that they have been representing and newer vendors are just struggling to build a new business model at the track with the limited grids that have been attending. Even some of the more established brands in some areas are struggling with low tire sales making it very tough for most vendors to carry a complete inventory on hand trackside week in and week out. It is a chicken and egg scenario where vendors cannot afford to purchase inventory, transport it, and service it effectively if there is not a customer base, and it is tough to grow a customer base if everyone wants to walk up and have a selection of tires on hand to choose from. Best thing we can offer at the time is deals on tires purchased ahead of time, and support from our vendors such as MPH that although he cannot carry a full inventory, Chris is a knowledgeable service provider that is hungry to grow the brand. Continental is paying good contingency, has a good price point, and albeit sometimes by cell I believe we can provide decent product support. It will have to be a collaborative effort but we have seen significant sales growth every year for the past three years but of course mostly centered around our better supported areas and customers that don't mind mail ordering them in to take advantage of the contingency.

With that said, Contingency can be collected directly from us by calling 800-736-7956. We can redeem your contingency and provide tech support for the product. We can also direct you to local service providers that have agreed to work with our customers. As the demand continues to grow so will the availability of regional service providers.

11. kanatuna

My previous response about switching brands was primarily in response to yet another person dropping the logistics of Continental.

I really like these tires. I have never had a bad issue with them on a LW bike. The price is great, they wear very well and are predictable. AND they pay great contingency. But I have raced them for 2 1/2 years and have bought them from 4 different people...not necessarily by choice.

Hopefully this works out.

12. LMsports

LMsports Well-Known Member

We have been the North American distributor for these tires since 2007 when they were released here. We have attempted to work with regional sub-distributors as much as possible to help them gain some traction with their business models but we have always been here, stocking tires and providing the technical support. So, we have a history with the brand, and are very aware of the distribution challenges. We are always looking for good partners but have in fact recently become much more choosy with who we work with based on the lack of success we have had with some of our other partners. We are constantly working to get you more in person trackside support but will be here in the meantime.