1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continental Race Tires

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, May 13, 2017.

1. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Sooooooooooooooo,

A lot of Honders are running Continental race tires. What size rims (front & rear) and what size tires? Continental's website lists a 100/ and a 110/ front tire, both spec'd for a 2.5" rim. I can't imagine any 350 running a 2.5" front rim. I suspect folks are running 1.85" fronts and 2.15" rears. Any advice and input would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

2. bj

bj Well-Known Member

I run 100/9os on 2.15 rims front and rear. You building a CB?

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Ha! No, I have a 1.85 on the front of my BSA and a 2.15 on the rear. I might have a 2.15 front laced somewhere . . . . .

Thanks for the input.

Cheers,

Dave

4. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Dave, I run the 90/90-18 AM26R on the front of the RD (2.15x18 RZ front wheel) and really like it.

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Thanks. What do you run on the back? Also an Avon? 110 or 130?

Cheers,

Dave

6. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Dave, I also run the Avon AM 26R 90/90-18 on the front. Medium compound: 13984. I run the Avon AM22 110/80VB18 on the rear. Medium compound 13332 There is a soft compound available too for both tires.
    Performance Tire 800-523-2542. They won't sell direct but know the inventory all over the country. They will discuss what's what: tire sizes, compounds, rim sizes, etc. They recently referred me to Cedar Rapids tire 319-390-0531.

7. Hate McDead

I use those sizes on my Seeley 7R 350 I just spooned a set on the Van Tech Motobi 250 and have a set ready for the Bultaco TSS 250. You can't go wrong.
    The softer compound is tempting but not for you Secessionist Rebels.

8. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

I assume you include me in that comment???

9. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

With my weight (considerable), and the power of the BSA (frightening), I think I'll opt for the medium compound. The tires will last longer, even tho' there are darkies exiting every corner.:crackup:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers,

Dave

10. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

BTW, what is the status of the Seeley? Or are waiting until the next race to work on it?

11. Hate McDead

Much more than include. I consider you the actual leader of that nefarious pack of rebels.

12. Hate McDead

The Seeley remains in a coma as I've completely disassembled the motor; it looks like those two brothers from Georgia will fix it up this winter.
    I'm really up to my limit on repairs trying to convert the Van Tech Motobi into an actual race bike after it sat in a museum for 30 years. And what with the Bultaco TSS 250 and the Kramer HKR EVO2 on there way here from Europe, I can only wait in anticipation of their arrival.
    And let's not forget how much trouble I get myself in trying to get the KTM 450 and Honda 200 ready for the next round. After all, it's not easy to wrench with one hand on a tool and the other on a bottle of rum.........

13. Hate McDead

14. Hate McDead

Note to self: Never buy a bike that weighs less than the rider/owner

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Stu preparing and racing a two stroke is a frightening thought. Hope he's got a quick left hand, on second thoughts, it's a Bultaco when the single row primary chain snaps there is nothing one can do to stop the inevitable.

yamageezer likes this.
  16. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Are we talking tires or underwear?

17. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Tires leave the blackies on corner exit. The underwear skid marks are corner entry.:crackup:

Cheers,

Dave

yamageezer likes this.
  18. bj

bj Well-Known Member

TMI Dave.