1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congratulations to Greg Johnson!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by rcmike917, Oct 13, 2006.

1. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

2006 MW V7 National Champion! We all knew you could do it. Dipping into the 1.37's (nuts!) on his way to a hard fought win in the mwv7 race. To come back from being busted up to winning the national championship is a incredible accomplishment. Congratulations Greg on your much deserved #1 plate!:beer:

Time to celebrate!

Mike

2. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Way to go Greg............not bad for a Honda guy.

:beer:

.......and a good time was had by all.

3. melch

melch V7 Pusher

You ready to come back home now Mike:up: Break that Kawi out.

Great turnout,great weather,great people,great race.

Congrats Greg,you rode a great race.I enjoyed racing with you.:beer: :rock:

4. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Hey Greg, Way to be bradda :up:

5. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

dont know how i missed this earlier
    Congrats GREG!!!
    you're an incredible rider on an incredible machine. mucho luck next season:up: :beer:

6. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I think he's like 50 or something.............right?!

:up:

7. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Way to go Greg! You rode the wheels off of that thing.

8. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

that about sums it up, huge grid, sweet race.........

9. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

Congrats Greg!

Hey, great job winning that race....not too bad for a guy who rides with a thumb throttle! :beer: Cya next year! Big Ronny (Damn Yankees)!

10. gregcbr

gregcbr Well-Known Member

thank you everyone for allowing me to have such a great racing expirience this year, it's one i'll never forget. i've done a lot of racing of different sorts in my life and have never felt more welcome and at home than with you guys.i hope to see everyone next year so we can all try it again.

Melch........what a race huh? thanks for everything, i learned a lot from watching you, you are a top notch guy and one that deserves all the respect in the world, not only as a racer but a man in general. :bow:

thanks again
    Greg

11. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Thank You Greg
    The people are the glory of this class.We all know were not going to the AMA and its all for grins and giggles.Not taking someone else out and not crashing has always been my goal and hopefully and evidently has been adopted by all involved.Riding smart so we can go to work on Monday and take care of our families is what its all about.But nothing can replace that feeling of cornerspeed and braking and learning and going to share what tricks you may have learned in a certain corner with your competitor's.Why in the hell would someone do that?Because thats the way we are.My wife says I'll help someone else before I'll help myself.Maybe.....but I enjoy telling someone hey man I know where you can take off a full second.Then they come back and say,wow dude that works.I know I can have a full second right in front of my face,but just dont see it.

Case in point.Im trying to staight line the kink in the back at Barber.Eboz comes up to me and says,dude that is not the way to get thru that kink.I listen and learn and he is right.

Guys I know I've been long winded the last day or so(your going,man thats an understatement)but Im just so proud of Greg and the class in general.I feel relieved as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and Im glad I lost to him.I feel like a new man and wouldnt change anything about that race.It was meant to be.

Greg,you are a 1st class guy and you rode your ass off and made no mistakes.You told me afterwards you thought I was sandbagging and that was my intention.But I assure you there was no sand left in my bag.I was riding as hard as I could.Chuck threw that halfway flag and Im thinking,dude you cant count.I've done at least 20 laps.I was dying.Smoking sure wasnt helping me against the ironman I was up against.You have encouraged me to quit.(again).Greg compare our laptimes lap by lap and tell me that wasnt a war.There was nothing in it.But we didnt play the stuffing game we rode clean.:up:

I hope I have been a decent ambassador for our class over the past few years but brother I pass the flag to you.You damn sure earned it.:up: :beer:

Its gonna be awfully hard to stay away.Who knows,maybe next year we'll have a 3 wave 7MW race if it keeps growing at this rate.:rock:

Ok I'll shutup now.

12. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Good job & congrats!
    Two things about Greg I'll remember:
    The funny hat he wears in the cold (Who has a picture?)
    After meeting him at RRR, him telling me about letting off in T3 trying to come around me because of a rattle he heard from his bike. Said noise was actually coming from MY front end (a normal GSX-R sound).

13. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

He did it with class and has been a class act all year and last year.

Good job Greg.See ya next season. ;) :up: :rock: :beer: :D :clap:

14. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

WORD! On all Melch wrote.

I'll just add... kudos to your pit team too, Greg. Tell Melanie H. says "hi" :D

15. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Like the quote says: "Pay it forward", To all the V7MW racers who've ridden the last 3 years I say Great Job promoting your class and assisting all the newbies. Lance, Bryan and now Greg have all been professional about their championships and it speaks highly of a group of guys willing to help their competitors. Keep up the good work and remember, the V7 Champion has to recruit at least 2 newbies.
    eboz

16. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Couldnt happen to a nicer guy. Think maybe I was one of the first to meet Greg and then get my ass kicked by him all in the same weekend. Ive got alot of great pics from last season all around the SE of Greg and I remember every single one of the close shots was nothing but clean fun racing. Never once batting and eye cause we knew we were in good hands racing so close to each other in such a respectfull yet fast as hell class. Congrats Greg!! As we were really concernced when we heard about your crash ealier this year. Look like you came back strong. Um tell me what did they put in them meds of yours anyways!!!:Poke:

17. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Screw Up.......

Roadracing World listed all the GNF champions............they said Bryan got the nod................did I miss something?

What's up with that?

:confused:

18. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

I just emailed a letter to RRW about that. Seems to be a mistake in the write up. I've seen Greg's #1 plate and damn that thing looks kewl!

Mike

19. gregcbr

gregcbr Well-Known Member

i must have mised something also..........good picture though