1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comments for Recognition Plaques

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Apr 7, 2020.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I have been tasked to sort two recognition plaques for leaders of my professional organization, one being my mentor.

One has done all the leg work for years, keeping the organization running, taking care of our annual conference hotel negotiations, food, continuing education hours license requirement submission, etc.

The other, my mentor, has been the biggest force in elevating our professionalism and challenging us to be better experts. He has tons of experience working with the DOJ, FBI, CMS, NICB, etc in combating health care fraud.

I am looking for any good comments or slogans for the engraving. I suck at Best Man speeches, even though I was able to give three of them (none of the marriages lasted) and I suck at finding things to write in cards, such as condolence or birthday cards.

One thought I did have for my mentor was one of his favorite quotes:
    “Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful.”
    ― Samuel Johnson, The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia

I welcome any other suggestions.

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

"If he was a chick he'd be 2xidb" is a pretty strong compliment

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If he was a chick, you would want to part of his body that identical to a man's? I hate to break it to you, because you don't seem prepared to handle it: if you've ever said that about a man, you are gay. The "if" is just a defense mechanism shielding you from reality. :D

sdg likes this.
  4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Get some mounted animal heads like an elk or moose. Hang a big ass medallion around their neck on a gold chain with a message inscribed on the medallion.

5. “You’ve done good so far, keep that shit up”

(I got the wife a mug with that on it for our Anniversary :D )

tiggen likes this.
  6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Can't go wrong with socks.

[​IMG]

7. sdg

sdg *

BAMF

8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The grammar in that quote is fooked. :confused:

10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is it really coming out if you’re in a glass closet? :D

12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

It sounds like one has vision and one is able to execute. I don’t have anything beyond that, but it’s a start.

DrA5 likes this.
  13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

14. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Memory like an elephant for useless crap, that one rang in my head too strongly :-D

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I always hated those things. I'd always ask the company if they wanted to put mine up in the main office (if it came from a customer) or just give "mine" to some one else, maybe someone in the office in my place.
    Same for trophies and all that shit.

The only one I gave a shit about was when they asked what I wanted as a plaque (they knew my dislike of all that crap). A fake gold rope chain with a giant funky fresh medallion." They loved the idea, did it and I got it around here someplace. :D

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

These kinds of plaques are just tombstones you get to hang on your wall before you're dead. I'll pass thanks.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Keep it simple.

youre the shit award.png

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Stand up guy who corners low.