1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colt to stop making AR15s for civilians

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lmao. That’s funny

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

I apologize. They are a good gun. But I see a few ARs a year and they’re nothing different than any other basic Milspec AR. But because of that Pony engraved in the lower they pull a larger price tag than justifiable to me.

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Only Colt I ever owned was an 1873 SSA. Sold it in the mid 90's for around $400. Bought it after Wildey bought back my .475 due to how many times I sent it back for the same failure issue. Wish I still had the 1873. Looking at getting into cowboy quick draw.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You'll need a cowboy name.
    We could help you pick one.

5. Quicktoy

207D4E9E-3F41-4F53-A57F-BE4E18744565.jpeg My gun shop’s name is Quick Draw Defense ;)
    Here’s our logo burned into a sawed off we built.

Montoya likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

DDE91BA9-143E-46C5-9285-EFBB92062F7E.jpeg One of my employees is a big homo(literally) so we engraved a unicorn into his stock of his bolt action sawed off lol.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Posted on the LGS instagram

42038B14-AC1E-4622-9EDF-AD95988EF7D2.jpeg

8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

They won that contract last year, and some other large 8 and 9 figure contracts for military M4 production the two years previously. Wonder if they were at full manufacturing capacity, and thought that it would be a zero-cost PR win to state they were pulling out of the civilian market.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hmmm. Is my pre-ban 6601 now worth even more?
    It had, at one time, been valued at twice what I paid...which was about the amount for which the current equivalent models were retailing five or so years ago.