1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Football Playoffs/Bowl Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Spang308, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Since it's motorcycle racing off season, may as well start a third football thread.
    Bowl season has started and the playoffs are next Saturday. Who's your team? Who ya got?
    Clemson fan and, of course, I have them winning it all this year. I predict they beat ND 42-17 next saturday and then win a slugfest against Bama for the title.
    The Bama/Choklahoma game will be entertaining to start, until that Bama D clamps down on the Sooners in the second half. I expect a 17-17ish score at the half and then Bama crushes them in the second half. 45-20 or something in that area final.
    Despite both having nasty Ds, the Bama/Clemson game will be a higher scoring game than predicted, so take the over. Bama hangs with the Tigers for awhile, but Trevor Lawrence eventually shows why he's the greatest true freshman QB in college football history and outguns Tua down the stretch in a game that will resemble 2016 with Deshaun under center.
    Also, if you're playing any Bowl Challenges, post them up. I'm currently in a bazillion place tie for first on ESPN's Capital One Challenge with 6 points.
    And please, if you're an Ohio State fan, do us all a favor and shut up already!
    #31-0
    :Poke:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Clemson for the win just because I like the coach.

Spang308 likes this.
  3. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

Michigan will win it all! Wait, we choked against Ohio State again.
    :rolleyes:

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yep, TUN choked again. I was there for that game and it was great! :)

For Bowl games, looking for Ohio State to win and the Hawkeyes to win for the wife.

My preferred playoff outcome:
    Sooners over Bama
    Celmson over ND
    For that match up in the final I don't care. I just want ND and Bama to lose.
    I predict reality lines up with Spang308 above except not sure Clemson can pull it off against Bama. That one is a toss up.

5. Spang308

He appears to be a straight up solid citizen. I personally like how he'll pass on a guy in recruiting because he may not align with the teams/his beliefs, talent be damned. Those kids end up at Florida State! *puts flame proof suit on

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

PAC12 will have the worst bowl record. Again.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

upload_2018-12-18_13-23-0.jpeg
    Have fun with that one!
    Cheers and enjoy the games. :beer:

8. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I'm guessing y'all can tell where I stand...

Spang308 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

So I was just reading an article that many of the top players will not play in the Bowl games? That's smart and sucks at the same time.

Guessed if the athletes made some money instead of everyone else, then there would be a little more incentive

Sent from my smatrfone

10. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

ND is a joke. Clemson is overrated. Oklahoma can score, but not much against Bama. Bama unfortunately gets the title again.

11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Who let this fool in here?!??

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

The FSU Criminoles

ClemsonsR6, Spang308 and BigBird like this.
  13. Spang308

UAB did me a solid tonight with a win over NIU. Still tied for first with 7 points on ESPN's bowl challenge.
    Pretty entertaining game too.

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Does Perdue know they're supposed to tackle the guys in blue??

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Well they are playing the best 7-5 team in the country:)

16. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

A chicken company has a football team? :Poke:

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Not right? Well, maybe they should play better so people know their name :p

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that team kicked the crap out of Ohio State.

19. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Hard to believe Ohio State didn't get beat 3 or 4 times this season.

As my BIL (who lives in Columbus) said before the Purdue game started, "They [Buckeyes] stink. As in, they smell up the place."

And they laid a big turd on the field to prove it. :crackup:

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nobody's going to talk about that azzwhooping the (non)fighting Irish just took?

Damn. I think UCF would've given Clemson a better game!

I hope my homeboy Murray is able to give 'bama more of a challenge. Murray's never faced a defense like this.

Phl218 likes this.