1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Admissions Scandal

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Mar 12, 2019.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

She lied on her admissions application. Just another in a LONG list of reasons to tell her to fuck herself and die.

Gixxerguy855, ducnut and jrsamples like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tone deaf doesn't begin to describe, well, any of the fucktards declaring their candidacy for 2020...

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Everyone can use a copy editor. Thanks bro.

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the schools to start throwing their employees under the bus. Next up will be the law suits from folks denied admission on the basis that these cheats took their potential spots. Gonna be fun watching the finger pointing.
    The Universities were complicit in this. I hope there is a major shift in how they get a free pass. I would be happy if they (and hospitals, for that matter) lose their non-profit status. They are all about making money, just look at their building programs where they dump all their excess cash, need be damned.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    TurboBlew and tdoss1980 like this.
  5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

It was a joke, son. A joke I tell you, don't you get it!

But truth be told, no I do not buy into the conspiracy theory this scandal was announced to minimize the impact of the Mueller report. It's just news.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Conspiracies happen behind closed doors, this is right out in the open
    where you can see it.

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Then I must yield to your superior insight as my ignorance has blinded me.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if David Hogg is nervously trying to get in touch with Harvard for confirmation.

YamahaRick likes this.
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Politically motivated appointments are not the same as a bribe, and everybody is cool with them.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're a confident man. :D
    The difference is that the schools were not involved in this particular scheme. The rich kids getting in thanks to parents' gifts to the schools are not exactly a secret. You can bet a number of spots is preallocated to them every year and that the "deserving" kids who feel that opportunities were taken away from them were never in contention for those of spots to begin with. That's pretty much a semi-official, parallel admission path.
    This thing in the news, the schools have no part in it, from what we know so far. I don't expect to hear that the two coaches that got busted had donated the bribes to their respective athletic departments.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How about specifically?

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Good question. I know of no one, don't mean they don't exist. Kinda like Bigfoot.

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I clicked this thread for the hot Lori Loughlin pics.

You all disappoint me.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

All I could find is her sex tape and obviously, I can't post that here.
    She's amazingly limber.

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If Garth’s family has land with a perceived value, so what? It’s only valued at what someone is actually willing to pay for it. Not what some appraiser predicts it’s percieved value is.

We all get dealt a hand when we’re born into this game of life. Comments like your earlier post make it seem like he should feel bad about whatever he has. Fuck that. Someone at some point incurred a hell of a lot of risk to build that farm. So be it. Incur the risk and if it pays off you enjoy the reward. That’s America and all that it offers. If someone wants to sit around whining because they don’t have. Well guess what? They’re the ones that get to incur the risk to build something/wealth for their family. If they don’t. That’s their poor CHOICE.

In the mean time, he uses that percieved value as collateral for equipment and materials he needs to plant a crop and insure that crop against natural disasters and if he’s lucky enough he will get to harvest that crop so he can pay back his operating loans. He’s also got to file his taxes. No employer is paying any matching. He’s paying all of his pay deductions all himself. He also covers all his family’s health insurance. I am missing probably quite a few other hands in his pockets. But this is a good start.

Having “wealth” starting out in life is great. But it’s also work to keep it. My Dads brother took over his family operation. Dad didn’t want to farm. My uncle had every opportunity to expand and grow his business. He pissed if all away having a great time shooting dice at the local bar.

My Moms two older brothers took over that operation from my Moms father. They had their Saturday nights in town too. But they kept it a bit more to the weekends. They worked and made decisions beneficial to the business. They expanded. Built steel buildings to shelter equipment from the harsh winters minimizing repairs from the sun and weather destroying tires hoses and such. My cousin is taking over that operation and he seems to be keeping the trend upward going.

Speaking of tractors. Price a new JD with the 12 cylinder diesel. If you need one of those for your field work. It’s a hefty payment. And it burns easily 10 gallons of fuel an hour if not more. Add seed costs and fertilizers to that. It’s staggering.

So if Garth is in any situation like that. Yeah. He’s “wealthy” and he’s got the stress and bills that come with it. I’m sure Garth and Warren Buffet are golfing buddies.

R Acree likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This, right here, is why it's generally a good idea to know the background before jumping in. That discussion did in starting this thread. Or even this year.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Where's the fun in that?

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Did anybody believe George W. got into Yale on merit? Bless his heart.

20. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I didn't have the energy to try and make him understand the difference.