1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coalition forces use WMD's. Some say false.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Joss, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

John, how much flack you get for the power cruiser article? I kind of dug it.

2. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You got problems, the magazine's got problems, I got problems, we all got problems. Just let me know - if it isn't your butt, whose butt do I need to be kissing?

3. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

Other than some readers who mildly complained on the survey forms, non. A delegation from an OEM was here this afternoon and they didn't say anything about it, other than to ask if we would be testing more cruisers and if we wanted some more of theirs to ride.

Also, no one has commented on the dateline seen on the cruiser test. Which also surprised me.

What's the funniest thing of all, though, is that the ad agency for another manufacturer, one which has hassled us for almost a decade--not inviting us to press intros, trying to keep us from comparison-testing testing their sport bikes--sent me a request to quote the cruiser test and the 600 test on their website. All the sudden they love us, because their bikes did well, and we haven't changed anything about how we test their bikes, their bikes just got better...I guess they don't understand, it's all about the product, or, better bikes get better reviews.

4. John Ulrich

You need to be kissing Brad Wilson's butt. He can help you.:D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn John, you're on a roll tonight. ROTF!

6. John Ulrich

I gotta go home. Have had enough fun at the office.

Talk among yourselves...

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you test their earth movers, maybe they'll hook up RRW with a 1/4 page add for their generators. :D

8. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Brad who? Never heard of him.

9. John Ulrich

Too Funny!:D

Gotta go...

10. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I put that goddam cat in a box and know I can't find it!!! Does Adam have it?

(Don't worry if you don't get it, I don't either!) ;)

11. wera176

So where does the Phoenix fit?

12. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Is that akin to finding the bunny in that other magazine?

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

With the front-wheel-drive Citation, Omega and Skylark. The cars RSDad listed were the pre-1980 rear drive ones.
    And don't forget the Chevy Nova that was a joint project with Toyota, affectionately known as the "Toyo-let". :D

14. wera176

Actually, there was a late 70s version of the Phoenix that was rear-wheel drive, that's the one I was referring to. I had forgotten about the wonderful front wheel drive ones. I'm not sure if it was a fancy Ventura or if that was the other way around (it was a Ponitac). A guy I work with had one when he started here (out of college) now all he has left is the side emblem, a pretty cool one with the Phoenix and the pyre... 'Course that's more than I have left of my '75 Nova! ;)