1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNC machinist - CAD/CAM software question

Discussion in 'General' started by GRH, Nov 29, 2022.

1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Any of you guys use OneCNC software? If so could you provide feedback on it? I currently am paying for Fusion 360 and like most everything about it except that it's cloud based. I'm looking for a local CAD/CAM SW package and see OneCNC has a sale until the end of the year. Any searches I've done on it has positive reviews.
    Thanks for any info

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I've never looked into it simply for their lack of pricing information on the site. That's one fantastic way to not get a customer. Refusing to tell them what your shit costs until you talk to a salesman.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    sheepofblue likes this.
  3. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I should have added that the sale price quote I got for the XR8 professional package is $2800

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I do share your desire to not be in the cloud as well.

5. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

If you want to PM me your email address I'll forward the quote for you to take a look at. Besides not personally liking cloud based software I have one customer that won't let it fly if (when) they do an audit

6. cse

cse Active Member

I've only used OneCNC for their DNC transfer module and it works well. OT, but Mecsoft Visual CAD/CAM fits in the same market range as the OneCNC offerings. I have used it for many years and been really happy with it.

7. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

What type of CNC stuff are you processing? Mill? Lathe? 4+Axis? doing mold work?

8. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

I'm a Solid Works and HSM Ultimate guy but... if I had to start over, I'd go Fusion360. You simply can't beat it for the price and it uses the HSM CAM module.

I use it for milling and dual spindle (with live tooling) lathe work. Works exceedingly well.