1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMP - Practice Day $100

Discussion in 'General' started by Timothy, Mar 6, 2000.

1. Timothy

Timothy Well-Known Member

Anyone out there interested in a practice day at Carolina Motorsports Park in May? I'm working with a local Suzuki dealer to make it happen...with CMP's schedule it would have to be on a Friday or Monday, but for $100 for an all-day practice? HEY! [​IMG]

2. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Timothy,

My partner and I are interested. We are always up for a little extra track time.

3. EDDIE

EDDIE Member

i would definitely be interested.i didn't get to try cmp last year and would like to have an extra day of practice,not to mention another day to play with my bike instead of work.count me in.

4. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

I"m there tim
    just let me know when [​IMG]

5. cb500

hey maybe if were lucky
    collin can show us the fast
    way around. he is fast [​IMG]

6. wera122

wera122 Guest

Count me in too. Are you planning it on an "off" weekend so it's not on or near an existing race weekend? Just curious.

7. Timothy

Friday, May 12 is the tentative date for the practice day. It is an 'off' weekend as far as the WERA schedule (Southeast reg or Nat) is concerned. I would like to get an idea of the number of people who are interested so that I can set this plan into motion.

8. cb500

sounds good to me
    I'm there

9. wera122

wera122 Guest

I'm a definite too for $100. There's a CCS race the weekend before so the track will be nice and warmed up for us.

Has this dealer ever run a track day before? Do you know what type of groups they plan on running?

10. Timothy

We are still in the early stages but it is taking form similar to an Ed Bargy practice with 3 alternating sessions; Fast Guys, Really Fast Guys and Street Riders (which will include demo rides from the dealer where you can check out the new GSXR750!) I have also spoken to ED Bargy and may consider his services as well.

11. Timothy

Anyone interested in the open practice should shoot me a short email me so that I can set up a contact list. [​IMG] [email protected]

12. wera122

wera122 Guest

I say yes to the track day, yes to getting Ed's services and yeeees to demo riding a gixxer! [​IMG]

13. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

If Ed does his school thing will that day, will the price drop to the usual $75 for racers?

I volenteer for the GSXR crash test! [​IMG]

14. Timothy

I would like very much to get Ed involved, however there would be an additional premium for his services that the group would have to absorb if not enough people were to sign up for the race school. The first order of business is to get enough partisipants signed up just to make the $100 cover. [​IMG]

15. Timothy

Update on CMP practice 5/12
    Thanks for your responses. I need about 15 more riders to make the minimum list in order to confirm the date, otherwise I may have to collect a higher dollar amount to cover costs which still should not be too bad. [​IMG]

16. Timothy

any more new entries out there?