1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clip on Q?

Discussion in 'General' started by vince69007, Jun 3, 2011.

1. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

for a street bike.

i need new clip ons. for the price aftermarket are cheaper.

my question is in regards to vibration. ive never used aftermarket on the street, but because there are no bar weights will they vibrate the shit out of your hands??

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I use my stock bar weights in my Vortex clip ons. Riding without them was just annoying. They will fit but you'll need to lube em up.

3. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

how did you get the weights out without destroying them?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Phillips screw on the end of the bar (stock clip-ons) Just unscrew it enough till the weight spins freely then you can tug the insert out. The insert is similar to a well nut in that when you loosen the screw you can work the whole thing free. If you take the screw all the way out things begin to suck rapidly. Teflon spray lube or WD40 makes things easier.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  5. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

cool thanks.

hope i can get the inserts out of the bars, since both are bent slightly.

6. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

Rode with vortex clipons on my street bike and never had a problem

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

most clipons are hollow... so you can use something like barsnake to fill them in to quell vibrations. Ive never noticed any additional feedback in aftermarket clipons and most have more clamping pressure than stock clipons.

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I lost a bar end weight of my bike the other day, i'm pissed!

9. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Barsnake works pretty well. I've had that in multiple street bikes and it made a noticeable difference on long rides.

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

or fill the last 1/4 of the bar with caulk

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

vortex sells bar end weights, black and other colors (i think) and held in by screw. Im sure other co. do too.

12. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

ive seen those ones. but they are just for show.

i think i will go the route of cheep chinese bars with some bar weight plugs. and see how it goes. thanks for the suggestions!!