1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning titanium pipes

Discussion in 'Tech' started by metricdevilmoto, Dec 5, 2011.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I've tried WD40 and some steel wool in the past to clean Ti pipes with decent results. Wondering what you guys are using to keep your pipes looking clean.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

brake cleaner after oil changes/installs.
    Ive also used some regular liquid metal polish like brasso (or similar) to make older looking ti pipes new again.

3. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I used a wire brush on my bench grinder to clean the Ti pipe on my pit bike. Made it look brand new until it turned blue again from the heat....

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I don't mind the blue, just the dirt. I've got a season of racing and track day grime on an Akro Ti system I just want to clean up. I use WD40 on the can during the season to keep it clean, but I'm going to strip everything and clean up the headers and link pipes.

5. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Try a fine wire brush on a die grinder....I think you'll be suprised on how well it makes it shine.

6. mineshaved

mineshaved product of my enviroment

The mothers metal polish works pretty well on stuff like that. Im not sure about titanium.

7. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

WD40

8. Robert P

Robert P Well-Known Member

Plus 1 for WD40

9. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

try naval jelly, i always preffered leaving the blueing look but it might clean it up like new, i know on steel it will