1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic (Old) Ski Boats

Discussion in 'General' started by 90kacoupe, Feb 12, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Classic ski boats???
    Blown Big Block Sanger or GTFO.

sdg and Britt like this.
  2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Then you need to get off the boom fool.... It don’t matter on the side of the boat!
    DB92C121-054E-4AAA-9DAE-48604D4A230A.jpeg

K51000 likes this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

But the side is cool......
    45D99E0C-DB0C-43F8-855A-749C944AED1C.jpeg

K51000 likes this.
  4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

That thing is beautiful!!! I love reverse gel boats! I would love to find a Ski Nautique in reverse gel red and white. But they are rare!Yeah I know most people stayed wood until 93. I think MC did it in 86 or something. I just know the prostar/s&s is worse than most in terms of trying to make a wakeboard wake. I would like to be able to Slalom and wakeboard/wakeskate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah I had 3 Fatsacks I would fill up... two on the sides and one on the back seat.. I remember putting windsurfing bindings on a Hydroslide before Wakeboarding was even born..then the Skurfer came out...LOL.. Hated those things..but then the HO fibersled came out... still have mine up in the attic.... I used to do some barefoot competitions down in Florida and mainly stayed with that for the thrill..... did some Jumping up at Lake Blueridge but really enjoyed slalom, trick and wakeboarding too... Taught my girls how to do it at a young age as well... Boats are great...Glad I am in the Industry now..

6. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I sometimes miss mine. 2100' of perfect water made for some good skiing. Best jump 146' and slalom 1 1,/2 @ 38' off. FB_IMG_1581558346407.jpg

K51000, Newsshooter and TLR67 like this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Now this, gentlemen, is a classic old boat....

[​IMG]

8. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

There's always a few 80's inboard boats for sale around here during boating season, most are projects but occassionally there's one that's restored. The restored boats aren't cheap. How much are you looking to spend?

I like the Glastron Carlson classic boats. I've wanted one for a while, but they're not very practical for fishing or cruising with family & friends.

9. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

It's sad that only Mastercraft and Nautique make 3 event boats anymore.

90kacoupe likes this.
  10. I find it so funny people talking about boats being money pits... on a motorcycle racing org bbs. Boats have nothing on the coat of even tires. Being on the water at certain times of the day (or week) are tough to beat. Hard to beat taking off from the dock in a fishing tournament, sun coming up doing 85+ mph on glass water. Or being on Great Lakes in 1-3 foot chop doing 100+ (70 gph gets bit expensive though)

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah but what is really sad is they dont even push them. At the Atlanta boat show last Month there wasnt a single tournament boat there... All Wake and Surf these days...with not one of them under 90K...

12. Shawn A.

And they are so big and heavy they don't fit in your garage and you need a 3/4 ton to pull them.

TLR67 likes this.
  13. Shawn A.

Malibu still makes the Response, but it come standard with a tower! :rolleyes:

14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I hope you said that on purpose! My brother always says that he likes to wakeboard but it makes his face hurt. :D

I thought I was going to buy a new Mastercraft surf boat this year. Now I'm not sure. My ideal boat is probably a two year old Supra but I'm not sure what I'm going to do. The boat shows start this weekend so we'll see what I can find.

Isn't there a problem with oiling on some of those old V8's if you get too much weight in the back? Maybe that's only for surfing if you get it too far on its side. I have a WakePro SeaDoo and have wakeboarded behind it. It makes no real wake but it's still fun. I'm not sure you need any real wake to just have some fun.

Boat threads bring out the hate and jealousy on this forum. They always have. It's weird.

TLR67 likes this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Dont forget the 10K in gas a year either....

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The truck or the boat :blart:

TLR67 likes this.
  17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I dream of the day I have enough spare time to run $10k of gas through a wake boat.

sdg likes this.
  18. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Hahah, nope just fat finger typo...

19. 90kacoupe

I'm at like the $5k to $6k range. I know the restored boats bring good money but it isn't really what I'm looking for. I just want a solid boat to have fun with. I can slowly start doing things like interior, and wetsand and buff. I don't even mind doing a stringer job over the winter. I just don't want to have to do it immediately.

20. 90kacoupe

Even though I'm more of a wakeboarder/wakeskater. I don't like new boats. They are huge, and I just don't care for the styling. I don't need a monster wake, and I really don't need a house payments for something I can't live in. The boat industry blows my mind. Every year, more and more people are ruining themselves financially with a surf boat on a 20yr loan that is being left outside because they don't fit in normal shops anymore.

TLR67 likes this.