1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classes and Tires questions (Grattan 5/6-7/2017)

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by guidout, Apr 27, 2017.

1. guidout

guidout Active Member

hi all,
    this is gonna be my first race...a bit nervous...
    I was wondering about a few questions:

Should I register on-line (on the wera maps website) for the race I want to do before showing up at the track?
    Can I buy tires (and have them mounted) at the track? Is there gonna be any vendor?
    What are DOT S tires? I guess my question is what the S stands for...

I will bring my zx6r, what races can I do?
    From reading the rulebook, my understanding is that I could potentially do:
    A, B, and C Novice both Superbike and Superstock and Clubman novice (7 races)...is that correct?

Thank you in advance.
    Guido

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pre entry (open until monday at midnight) will help cut down on stuff to do at the track. There will be tire peeps there. S is a speed rating but we allow slicks in all classes so not a big issues. Talk to the tire guy(s) about what's best for you.

Start in C (600) classes, then ride up to B (750), and A (1000) and F1 - the 600 isn't legal for Clubman but you're still at 7 classes possible.

3. guidout

guidout Active Member

Thank you very much!

4. guidout

guidout Active Member

One more question, do I get the free transponder as provisional novice?

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

What modifications have been done to the bike? (This will determine if you can run Superstock or not). Normal suspension upgrades (shock, fork internals), and exhaust mods are all still Superstock.

6. guidout

guidout Active Member

- racetech shock
    - racetech forks internals
    - exhaust
    - brake lines
    that's pretty much all I have done. Engine, cooling sys, etc.. are all stock.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, your PN weekends.