1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

class points

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by DBConz, Sep 13, 2022.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

so i looked at the rulebook and wanted clarification.

so does this mean that if a rider crashes or pits in early, they are no awarded points?

I've raced with other series and riders have pitted in early due to changing weather conditions, and were ok with being awarded last place points.

2. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

So other series award points for a DNF? Sounds odd.

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

correct. crashes and pitting in early. once you complete a lap, you're scored accordingly.

4. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

I don't think that's a thing with WERA. The rule is pretty straight forward, and I didn't get points for my crash at Barber this year. Just a big fat DNF.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Correct, if you don't finish the race you don't get points.

DBConz likes this.
  6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

who crashed at Barber in MotoA superbike in the rain last year, got up and still got on the podium?

the rule varies with different organizations. just wanted to make sure i knew the rules specifically with WERA.

Sudowoodo likes this.
  7. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

If you crash but the bike is "fine", you go through hot pit and they'll re-tech you to get back out there.

8. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:
    unless someone crashes in the warm up lap, there is no way that would happen in an 8 lap race.

it's fine. i got my answer. just different rules from all other club racing series in the east coast.

mpusch likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. If it's the last lap you can also come onto pit lane and cross the start finish line there and get scored.

DBConz likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly enough it happens fairly often.

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

thanks everyone

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any time and seriously it's good to ask and know the differences in the orgs, cuts way down on confusion later.

13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

correct. there is no right or wrong way to do it. just ask and educate yourself before learning the hard way

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep! I do like that you actually checked the rulebook too :D

Based on the issues at the track and questions I get regularly (and seeing issues other orgs have as well) I think people have been going way more off paddock rumor mill rules than actually reading them for the different people they race with.

DBConz likes this.