1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese Dirt Bikes

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by John Hancock, Aug 1, 2017.

1. John Hancock

John Hancock Well-Known Member

Anyone have feedback on these? We've got a dealer local to me and I've been looking at getting one.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

All depends on the specific make / model / source. I have to add that last point in there 'cause you can get bikes labeled 'SSR' or 'SDG' for instance that only share badly copied graphics with the brand they claim to be. There are good units out there that don't quite hit Honda quality but do ok, and there is some true barrel scraping bottom feeding literally made from poorly pressed together soup can crap.

3. John Hancock

The dealer near me sells the Apollo brand. I'm looking at their 125cc. I thing the website advertised about $750-800. It would be for trail riding with my 8 yr old and possibly do some riding at the Herrin compound. Every 100cc and up I can find is at least $1000 around here and it's at least 10 years old. I know u get what I pay for

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Apollos are heavy, and generally the lower end of the market. For casual play time, they are a cheap way to have fun. If you want to seriously race them, consider upping your budget.

5. John Hancock

I'll probably bite the bullet and get an XR or CRF. Thanks for the feedback