1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese (Arashi) rims, who's used them?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gapman789, Jun 24, 2018.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I'm tired of buying bent rims. I've bought 4 bent rims for every straight rim over 25 yrs. That's no exaggeration.

Doesn't matter if they come from a reputable AMA race team, a 100 mile street bike, or an ebay seller with 1,000,000 % positive feedback and over 6,000,000 transactions.

I'm willing to risk life and limb just to have a straight rim that 'should' be straight from a factory, even if it's a Chinese sweat shop 6000 miles away.

Anybody have experience with the Chinese ebay rims?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arashi-Mot...219689&hash=item441be89e1b:g:Z24AAOSwNYRZmmJF

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Was that front not good that I sold you? Just curious... if not I will gladly buy it back....

3. gapman789

No it's fine. I ended up putting '12 GSXR 600 BPF's w/Ohlins 30's on one of the 07 750's, so I need an 11-16 (not sure about a 17/18) GSXR 600/750 front rim.

TLR67 likes this.
  4. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Phl218 likes this.
  5. gapman789

Will takes months if not years in my experience.

There's many threads on here about Wills turn around time.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy a Chinese rim, it just sounds like a bad idea, and no guarantee it's going to be straight. But I do feel your pain. Personally I would buy a known bent rim to save some money and have it sent directly to Will.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've heard enough bad stories about Chinese-made brake rotors being warped on delivery (or after a short amount of use) to not have that much faith that they can make a rim of any better quality. Just because it "looks" like a decent part on the outside doesn't always mean that the actual manufacturing process to get there is anywhere close to being up to snuff. As an example, I thought I remember reading how proper brake rotors were laser cut from sheet steel so they would maintain their integrity and trueness, where Chinese rotors where stamped out of the steel which distorts the metal.

Maybe pony up a few extra bucks and get a Carozzeria/Galespeed/etc aftermarket wheel instead?

8. gapman789

Jeebus, my ponies are all used up. I've got OZ/Aprilia forged rims on the Apes. :)

Hodder likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

see that?

you're already a baller! :cool:

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Why not just buy a new oem rim?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

Not really an item I'd gamble with.