1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chest on the tank in turns?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jim Moore, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

We were having a discussion about body position, and some crackpot (Hi Pete!) said to rest your chest on the tank in turns. I tried it, and goddammit, that's awkward! Does everyone do that? Do I just need to put on my big-girl panties and figure it out?

Thanks,

Jim Moore

2. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i'm an A cup at best. mine can't reach the tank.

3. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Flat as a board here, can't even get my sides to touch the tank in a typical turn.

4. Jim Moore

Sounds like moobs are an advantage here.

5. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Only in faster turns that I'm not at full lean. Let me also point out that "faster" is relative and would probably be a slow turn for most.

6. IMO, you should not rest your chest on the tank in the turns. You should use your legs and lower back to hold your upper body steady.

7. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

+1

8. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Fast sweepers I will do that to get a rest. Amazing what a few seconds of rest will do for you on the track.

9. Rookie

Rookie -

Ride your own style...

But personally, boobies on the tank when going straight only for me.

10. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Some turns yes some turns no. RRR more on the tank JGP not so much.

11. Jim Moore

INteresting. Which turns, and why, if you don't mind?

12. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

RRR pretty much every turn but 1 & 2 my chest is on the tank at one time or another through the turn. JGP comin out of 1 through 2, through 12, and 13 through 14. When my chest is on the tank I can be lighter on the bars and feel what the front is doin better through sweepers. Don't know if thats the best way to do it but it works pretty good for me.

13. The only time i can think of being in a turn with my chest on the tank is that one looooooooong ass turn at Nashville. :D

14. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

+1

15. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I flop my fat belly on the tank. As if I had a choice...

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Damn, don't tell my rider that stuff! His chest is on the tank almost every corner. Tdub

17. D Cantrell

D Cantrell Well-Known Member

Yes, but he is a freak of nature with a significantly smaller equater than many of us. +1 for the flopping of fat bellies on the tank.

18. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Not so much chest, but I do rest my outside arm on the tank in some corners...

Like others have said, were all different sizes and have different styles... for the most part I concentrate on getting off the inside of the bike, head forward and down and keeping my body square, not twisted.

19. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

i dunno. im lookin at my pics and my chest is on the tank in a lot of corners....???

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

do what works for you.. emulate different styles from watching roadracing on TV to try different things, but you will notice some variation among the top pros. 2 contrasting riding "styles" that come to mind are J. Herrin and M. Cardenas. Both fast as F--c ..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010