1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chefs! I need your help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Got some frozen scrimps (yes that's the way I say it) on sale at BI-LO. Picked up some baby bellas, fresh aparagus, and onion. I want to to a garlic butter type seasoning and I don't know amounts of ingredients. I don't have clove garlic, just sat and powder. I've got real butter and olive oil, and some other shit, just don't want to over garlic it.
    Gonna be cooking all of it combined on a smal grill in a covered pan. How would y'all go about making it? I usually do stuff seperate. Thanks

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go back to the store, buy a bulb of garlic. Or at least a jar of minced/chopped. Do NOT use the salt. Use real salt (kosher or sea), powder is okay for some stuff but never better than real for anything I do.

G Dawg likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You can't over garlic it, unless you're planning on sexy time later that day.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Go get some garlic. Not garlic salt. Not garlic powder. Not I can't believe it's not garlic. A head of garlic.

When you have that, post up and then we'll talk.

Metalhead likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Take a cooking class you goof!

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

You trying to make scrimp scampi?

motoracer1100 likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You are already behind the curve using frozen scrimp. :D

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Just found out we have a small jar of minced stuff. Sea salt too. So, put butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and whatever in a cup and melt, then drizzle all over errything before grilling? Reasonable?

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Sauté the veggies in the butter till they are almost how you want them (asparagus and onion will cook slower than mushrooms so maybe 5 mins gap before adding them). Add scrimps and garlic and cook till they are pink/white (not translucent/grey). Use black pepper or hot sauce to adjust flavor when finished.

Metalhead likes this.
  11. cpettit

And put some lemon juice in at the very end, maybe a teaspoon full.

12. No - make enough to soak the shrimp in a soupy mix. Drizzling is for people with incontinence issues.

And add some hot peppers in the mix.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just put garlic and butter together, sprinkle the frimps with salt/pepper then brush on the garlic butter. Oh yeah, never buy salted butter again and since I'm sure that's what you have, go a little light on the salt over the frimps.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hmmmmm....reasonable.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I was thinking until he said grill - so now I'm guessing the veggies are a side to the grilled frimps.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yes it's salted. Just curious...why unsalted? I honestly don't know.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because then YOU control the amount of salt in any dish you make. If you salt something and then use salted butter it puts way more sodium than you need into things.

Metalhead likes this.
  18. cpettit

Trust me. If you're doing it all in one pan that's the way to go. And don't forget the hot sauce!

Salted butter is dumb because you can add salt later. You want your butter to taste like butter!

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So you can add salt to control the flavor

With salt s butter it's already half way to salty, if you use enough butter.:D

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Fuck that!!! The bitch is eating garlic too!!!

cha0s#242 and Phl218 like this.