1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest streaming for beIN?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Feb 24, 2019.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I kicked Directv/ATT to the curb Saturday after 9 years on this current stint. Had Dish installed and they still provide bein for their top tier package.

Directv had just become unreasonable to deal with. Fools actually tried to charge me to leave and I had no contract what so ever currently with them and my bill was paid up until March 2nd.

My overall bill dropped $80 a month. I’ll worry about this again in 2 years when Dish raises the bill. Till then I’m back watching racing on bein. Watched WSBK this past weekend. I do get FS2 and NBCsn on Dish as well.

RoadRacerX likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I didn't realize you could just get that thru Sling without one of the blue or orange channel packages. There ya go RD- go to Sling and get the world sports package for $60 a year with a free Roku device.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. Tristan

to what?

4. Tristan

My research on OTA solutions brought me to the conclusion that they all kinda suck, but I went ahead and ordered an Airtv player. $70 but comes with a $25 Sling credit, so $45 net cost. That will cover the wife's need to watch her stories on the 2 network channels that we don't get on demand with Sling.

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

So I can plug this ROKU thingy into a port on my TV and I'm set? I'm new to all this stuff...I just got Apple TV a month ago:D

7. Tristan

Yep, just need an HDMI port and internet access.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up kind sir. This is exactly what I need.

9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

$139 includes top 250 package with 290 channels, Starz package, showtime package. That includes 1 hopper dvr and 3 joeys, total of 4 TVs in use.

Directv had gone to $218

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  10. Tristan

Actually, if you already have the Apple TV, the Roku isn't even needed (it's a similar device). Since it's free, you can use it on another tv.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I got a free Roku with mine, it stays in the luggage and I use on the road where I have free wifi to the hotel tvs.

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

13. SlipAngle

SlipAngle Member

14. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Bsb is not on beIN but you can usually find it on YouTube.

SlipAngle likes this.
  15. thrak410

16. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

So, just to clarify, this would allow me the ability to watch MotoGP and WSBK, correct? Since they are both being televised through BeIN? I let my motogp lapse this year because it got too expensive. I also already have a TV with built in roku so don't need another device. I could easily be on board for $45 to be able to watch both series.

17. thrak410

As far as I know BeIN handles those series + MotoAmerica. So yes you'll be able to watch them all.

18. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

If you are in Canada the only option has been to add the BEIN Channel to my satellite package. It's 16 per month, which is still cheaper than the combination of the WSBK and MOTOGP streaming packages. If i remember I cancel after the last race and start it again before the first one so that saves a couple of months.

But now I'm going to have to pay for the MotoAmerica series package if it's available in Canada

19. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

No more MotoAmerica on beIN sports. MotoGP and WSBK only.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. thrak410

Ah, well hat sucks. Guess I still won’t see any motoamerica races...