1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gixxer 600/750 riser clip on clearance

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Jayspeed, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Jayspeed

Jayspeed Member

I use to track a K7 1000 and had Heli Bars. Loved them and became so comfortable to them the stock clip ons on my L3 750 make me feel like a giant cramped up hanging off the bike. I'd go Heli again but I would like to get Woodcraft for their multi piece design and replacement parts. I'd go 1.5 riser with extended bars. This matches the Heli I use to have except Woodcraft won't go 1 inch rearward as well which is fine. I never thought of this but a friend of mine clued me into clearance issues. I heard this setup will hit the upper fairing. Do you guys just trim the upper fairing off a little so you don't come in contact with it? Seems like the only option and not that big a deal.

*edit: I didn't type "chaotic is an idjit..." in the title wtf?

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

:crackup: to your edit

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4. Jayspeed

Jayspeed Member

I wish I could share the joy here but I don't get it.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

6. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Not sure on that particular model riser combo, but in general, yes, just trim as necessary to give clearance. Done it to most of my racebikes. Usually have to get the Dremel out and clean up a fairing or fairing stay a little so the lever doesn't touch at full lock.

Also, check out the Apex Mfg clip-ons, they've got a very interesting concept for adjustable risers.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sorry, it's due to a resident ADHD easily triggered individual. He rarely comes to the Tech side.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It still works... :crackup::crackup: