1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case guards for 01 GSXR 600

Discussion in 'Tech' started by WERA 20, Apr 24, 2003.

1. WERA 20

WERA 20 Well-Known Member

Are they mandatory? I cannot find my rulebook at the moment, and I knew someone would know. Thanks in advance.

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Not mandatory on the new models.

Kris

3. WERA 20

WERA 20 Well-Known Member

Thanks man, going to Tally this weekend?

4. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Yes!! you need covers on a 2001 model gsxr 600

5. dumpkan dave

dumpkan dave Well-Known Member

case cover is required on the left side. I would go ahead and just get both. It is better to have them just incase, and that way when going thru tech there is no question and ruin your weekend.

6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

You might "need" them, but they are not mandatory per the rulebook. They were on the prev generation GSXR's. And yes Wera 20, I'll be at TGPR.

Kris

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Here ya go:

d) All pre 2001 Suzuki GSX-Rs must have engine case guards installed around the right and left sides of the engine, extending beyond the frame, and are subject to the WERA Technical Inspector’s approval. Case guards on the left side of 1995-97 Kawasaki ZX6R’s are suggested but not required. Yamaha FZR 400, FZR600 and YZF600 machines must have an engine case guard on the right side of the engine. Heavy-duty aluminum replacement covers may be used in lieu of case guards. Stock case covers with extra metal welded on to make them thicker may also be used.