1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carter Page victim or conspirator?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Dec 13, 2019.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So I have wondered for a long time why he has not sued. Seems to me multiple search warrants obtained under false pretenses would be a reason. I just read something that might confirm one of my suspicions. The reason he never sued was he was in on the entire crime:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...p-errors-in-fisa-applications-on-carter-page/

In particular
    "The report said the first FISA application left out that Page had been approved as an “operational contact” for the CIA from 2008 to 2013 and that he had had “provided information to the other agency concerning his prior contacts with certain Russian intelligence officers.”"

So they send their guy in to justify spying and of course he won't protest since he is their guy.....

2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

He would seem to have a case for violation of his civil liberties, maybe he will. I would wait until after the Durham report is released this next spring as it might provide more. If they convict Clinesmith then he would have a stronger case.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It is not a violation if you were in on it.....

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Well, it is hard to pin down true motivations in Spookville. You just never know. But, for the life of me, I can't see the value of him being a plant. I think that the more likely story is what Bongino said, which was that the stooges in the FBI were just that dumb and were looking for any way possible to get a FISA warrant. I think that the obvious holes in the two authorizations tends to back that up. Besides, Page doesn't seem like that good of a spook to me.

5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

But if he was in on it, they wouldn't needed the FISA warrant or to remove or add the "nots" or look as stupid as they do now. They were spying on both Page and Pappadaous before they joined the Trump campaign. What other campaigns were they spying on? Didn't need an insurance policy until it was known Trump was the GOP candidate.

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Truly amazing that it is routine to actively spy on primary campaigns. Pop was with Ben Carson when they started on him. The US version of king makers.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version