1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carolina Squat

Discussion in 'General' started by lizard84, Jun 13, 2021.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Carolina Squat Trucks, WTF, When did this become a thing? Lifted in the front only and lowered in the rear. We’re here in Daytona Beach for my wife’s 1st national powerlifing meet. The place is overrun with trucks, a large portion of which are these Carolina Squat trucks.
    Ok, I’m old but I’m not getting the allure.

What say you?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Stupid people doing stupid things...

Xian_13, Gino230, BHP41 and 4 others like this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

It's been a thing for several years....I saw it first hand visiting my daughter in Wilmington....She informed me of the 'carolina squat'.

I'm starting to see it up here in Ohio.

These guys at work are buying $70,000 + 4x4 trucks, putting 24's or whatever. with super low profile tires on them. Young dudes in their low 20's makin' $50/hr and living at home still.

It was air shocks and cragars on my '80 pinto back in the day.

sharkattack and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The Cragar S/S ruled the high school parking lots.

969, 5axis and tony 340 like this.
  5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've heard of this thing being outlawed already.

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

They're actually trying to make it illegal here. Says it's very dangerous for motorcycles and bicyclists.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lasted a month here. Cops stomped that out real f@ckin' quick. Pulled them over on sight, towed them to the yard and fined them out of existence.

We have the wheels wticking out the wheel wells by 6 to 10 inches going on now. Cops ain't happy so that'll go away fast.

Gorilla George and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It never ends...

wsmc42 likes this.
  9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

They also have displayed affection for banging the things of there rev limiters in neutral lol, just walked out of the barbecue place across from the Hilton by the Ocean center and the offender immediately had the attention of the local PO PO.

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

There's a new and special kind of stupid happening all the time.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Perfect way of telling their moms kept smoking a pack a day during pregnancy

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Herd originality is responsible for many stupid ideas.

Rebel635 likes this.
  13. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

yep

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The trend I'm terrified of here lately is the Milfs in the full size lifted pickups. Jeeps got too hard to find so they switched to lifted dodges.

That was okay if you stayed away from Starsmucks but. . . . the Asian ladies have started following this trend and that's death to you on wheels. (and since Dodge never sold their Rams in gold it's hard to pick them out).

Rebel635 likes this.
  15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The original Carolina squat was perfected by Ford vehicles from the 90s with bad rear air bags.

noles19 likes this.
  16. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

They came and went 3 years ago. You still see the odd Realtree/Copenhagen devotee who never got a ticket onto the clue bus.

17. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Not trying,,, done and effective December 01, 2021 yall....

Attached Files:

• h692.jpg
      h692.jpg
      File size:
      249.9 KB
      Views:
    Phl218 likes this.
  18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Can't wait. Friggin poisers trying to imitate off road race trucks.
    One local guy has a squatted Escalade with the shittest sounding exhaust I've ever heard.

19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

3" lift in the front and 2" drop in the rear is still pretty ridiculous.

Gorilla George, Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  20. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Seeing a lot of 20 something guys in trucks and Yukon’s with that squat going on now. Just don’t understand it.

The soccer moms where I’m at are all in the jeeps with light bars, or the ones with real coin are pulling up to the kids games, trailheads, river put-ins, etc. in the fully outfitted Sprinters set up as many RVs.