1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carolina Motorsports Park 4/24/21

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA/N2 Endurance by Dunlop points following an eventful and very soggy race today at CMP are up on the website! Class points here - https://www.wera.com/points/endurance/?x=1098&rg=71613392863 Overall points here - https://www.wera.com/points/endurance/… On the overall the relay teams are showing up and that will be corrected tomorrow but for now everyone else has a good idea of where they are. See you all at Roebling in a few weeks!

Sorry I forgot to post the live timing link but pretty sure everyone found it, got busy this morning with a bunch of new teams needing to be put in the computer.

APO2112, JBall and Chand like this.
  2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

From some of the live Facetoobs stuff I saw, I think “juicy” would be more accurate than “soggy”!

Hopefully everyone came off the track healthy. Congrats to all the riders for braving those conditions!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think a slipping corner worker was the worst injury.

Shenanigans and pjzocc like this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

His teeth flew out:(

5. LrS

LrS brain dead

I believer there were far more crashes on the dry track day.

noles19, rcarson15 and JBall like this.
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Overall it was a great weekend despite the rain. We had a blast!

pjzocc likes this.
  7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Where they falsies or his real choppers??

8. noles19

False

9. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

He was running down the hill to get my bike when my buddy dumped it in 1. I felt really bad about it, Dyle’s the nicest guy. Not gonna lie though I wish there was video.

10. fsualum998

fsualum998 Well-Known Member

I didn’t dump the bike Steve, I gently laid it on its side. Didn’t even scratch the plastics. 15893C75-E6D6-4CA0-92D2-479B955784D2.jpeg

evakat likes this.
  11. LrS

LrS brain dead

Who was the photographer? I was made into a meme and don’t appreciate it (joking. The water marks are hilarious)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Wheel Bearing likes this.
  12. Harry Reynolds

Harry Reynolds Well-Known Member

Thanks to whoever oiled down the track, I crashed in 14. 3 broken ribs, punctured lung, ac shoulder separation, 3 nights in the hospital and surgery on Tuesday. But hey, we won the relay class!

13. LrS

LrS brain dead

That’s a F bummer dude. I think you were the (only) one who found the oil. Glad that little piece of tin makes up for all your pain LOL

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There wasn't any oil in 14 making the track slippery, just enough of what could have been fuel mist to create a rainbow. 14 was just the water.

15. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

How was the actual turn out? The Sunday paddock looked a lot better than the last time WERA was there.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was fantastic, glad people want to race there again!

noles19 likes this.
  17. LrS

LrS brain dead

The track was more fun than I would have though just looking at the map. I do HATE all the sand paddocks down south, but whatever.
    Grip in the rain was superb. I vote this one stays on the calendar. The next round, not so much

18. noles19

Glad you guys had a good turn out both days and it worked out for everyone, I had a blast even being on a pitcrew Saturday.

19. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

Place is Great. Love the sand. Cleans off easier than the northern dirt ....Rain was fun .. until it wasn’t ..-(
    Thanks to all participants

20. Harry Reynolds

Harry Reynolds Well-Known Member

Really? Then why did they checker the race saying there was too much oil to clean up?