1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car rim / tire question

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't make sense - are these racing teams sacrificing performance by running larger rims or not?

Of course if you'd rephrase your argument to something along the lines of "anything over a 16" rim on a smaller car with no real HP and no other mods being planned (i.e. larger brakes) and you're sacrificing performance" would make more sense to me. But a blanket statement about rim size doesn't work.

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

and i asked what "performance" is "sacrificed", and all i got was "i heard from this guy who's banging my mom."

:p

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

mark the date.

i agree with mongo, and he agrees with me.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

I still like the way the new Mustang look however the boss has decided to go with the CTS-V whenver we can afford it.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i guess it's okay. my feeling is the nostalgia will wear off, and you'll left to feel like you do when you see the (what was then) the new "beetle".

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah it does.

Alex asked about wheels, and I said that in that particular instance putting bigger wheels on his car, wouldn't make sense. On top of that I added, that I have heard that 16 inch rims are the biggest option you really need, and still retain optimum handling.

Then Brad jumps in about how the Corvette has bigger wheels, at which point I explained to him it's because of asthetics and having to accomodate for larger brakes.

You guys don't want to agree, fine. Like I said, you don't see anyone actually racing cars, run anything over 16's. The one's that do, have to due to brakes. Last but not least, what size rims do F1 cars run...??? I think it's 13's on the front and 14's on the back.

So much for that argument...

Just in case I haven't made it clear. You're both wrong.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

nope.

you still haven't explained what "sacrifices" are made by anything larger than a 16.

funny, at the grand am challenge at VIR i could swear there i saw many vettes, porsches, and prototypes with wheels larger than that.

8. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Not to ad gasoline to the fire here, but as far as Z's go stock are 16's, but l have seen local muppets put 17's, 18's, even 19's on them. Go figure. I am getting confused on this car crap, maybe I should stick with bikes :D

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Wait a minute, I suck at that too :D

10. 418

418 Expert #59

And the Honda S2000 used to come with 16's too.

Until they gave in to the bling, bling effect and took it from a serious sports car, to a woman's convertible.

It's okay Brad, keep riding on them 18's if it makes your dick big. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

:D

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

at least my dick is big.

vette handles great. but ah...... if it only had 16's. :up:

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Re: at least my dick is big.

And if only you had a clue, this could have actually been an interesting argument. :up:

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

this from an asshole that TRIED to roadrace a fox body mustang? HAH HA HA HA HA!!

that car came stock with 15's.... you shoulda been the MAN!!! :p

and just what do you drive now?

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Re: this from an asshole that TRIED to roadrace a fox body mustang? HAH HA HA HA HA!!

It came stock with 16's, dumbfuck. :p

You're cure when you're mad, though.

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

nope, not 16's.

not stock anyhow.

17. Good choice.

18. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Re: Re: this from an asshole that TRIED to roadrace a fox body mustang? HAH HA HA HA HA!!

for clarification, are you actually saying that a fox body mustang came stock with 16's?

if so.... the clueless one would be you.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Alex he's talking about my old Mustang.

Yeah, it was. Stock Pony's on a 1991 GT. Sucks to be wrong, huh...