1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car purchase fraud issue.....what's next course of action

Discussion in 'General' started by Rico888, Jul 24, 2021.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Post up the sellers information and let the Beeb’s imagination dole out some Frontier Justice

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

upload_2021-7-25_20-35-57.jpeg
    His first name is Alex.

3. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Does he have a fort or tree house?

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Whatever he has it can be shitted in.

Gino230 and ToofPic like this.
  5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

There is another part to CA title, the one that owner (seller) fills in and turns in to dmv. Release of ownership and liability. That one should have milage and price paid on it.

6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Turn him in to the authorities. If he broke the law he’ll get what’s coming. No real money or time out of your pocket.

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Start with Inglewood. They may push it to LA if they dont have the resources.

8. motoracer1100

Kinda looking for a full name and address so the internet Demons can make him think twice about screwing over hard working people and separating them from their hard earned money ...

edit: full picture of that title might work like a charm

9. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I'm not clear that the seller is the 100% culpable person. Likely? Yes, but is it possible the vehicle was flipped between wholesalers within the span of a week or so? Maybe I missed a key part of the story and if it is confirmed the seller is the one who bought it with the high mileage, and then sold it with lower mileage then sure, grab the 3' screwdrivers....

10. motoracer1100

The Beeb has never in its history, needed 100% of anything, to come too conclusions on any subject ... :crackup:.. but I get your point ! I thought the time span was 3 days ? But either way , seller got the money . And we have already started building the Gallows .... Hangman’s got to eat too ... :D

Gino230, TurboBlew and notbostrom like this.
  11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I remember the good old days when there would be a "somebody shit me" thread, and within 3 posts, fine young beebsmen would offer to burn down the offender's house. Mostly free of charge.

And so goes the pussification of the beeb.

TurboBlew, 969, evakat and 1 other person like this.
  12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry, tough shit for the seller. I wouldn’t give a damn whether he was the guilty party or not, he was the dude who sold me the vehicle under false pretenses. I’d just go after him and let him figure it out with his supplier as needed.

If it were a dealership, I wouldn’t even bother talking to them. Just call the police, contact the DMV, then sue if needed. If it’s an individual, I’d only give them a chance because it’s hard to collect money from them.

Also, the difference in value between the real miles and stated miles was what should’ve been done in the first place. For the time invested and your quiet consideration, you need at least 3x that value returned.

motoracer1100 and BigBird like this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

^This

14. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

The internet, where everyone can be prosecutor, defender, judge, jury, assassin, vandal, defendant and plaintiff all at once without having to admit they like dressing up in womens clothes :)

418 likes this.
  15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

16. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

swatting is a really shitty thing to do, people can and do die

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It's California I would nuke it if possible on short notice to avoid the locusts fleeing before it dropped. Anything less is like peeing on a turd.

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

We've had a car that had an odometer rolled pass threw our dealership before. They didn't figure it out for like 2y years. And when they did, they came to us. We immediately refunded all money paid and went to the auction we bought it from and demanded they do the same for us. Shit rolls uphill in this instance.

Monsterdood and BigBird like this.
  19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Arizona Bay.

pickled egg likes this.
  20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

"Sonderman’s attorney, Bryan Huffman, told the Post his client had 'expressed his regret regarding Mr Herring’s death. He further was able to convey his sincere remorse to the other victims as well.'”
    Funny how remorseful they get when they're caught and find themselves in front of a judge.