1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANOPY please advise

Discussion in 'General' started by SlingWing, Sep 20, 2021.

1. SlingWing

SlingWing Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Looking for recommendations of where to get quality 10x10 canopies. Specifically the durable kind with hexagonal legs.

I’ve seen a handful online, not sure if there’s a difference.

2. SlingWing

Anyone needs to downsize, let me know

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've had this one for a couple of years now....it's been serving me well.

Brian_J likes this.
  4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ez Up or Eurmax

Rich Graver likes this.
  6. SlingWing

I’ve heard the venting is very helpful for that. Thanks for the link

7. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

8. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

Eurmax fo sho Amazon

83BSA likes this.
  9. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

My Eurmax made it thru this weekend at Barber and it is 3 years old. Damn thing is heavy to move around but its solid. Be sure to get one with the legs that are straight up and down.

I also have hot pink.... one of the cheaper EZups that has angled legs. That damn thing has been a trooper. I honestly cant believe it is still alive but I keep putting it up and it keeps surviving.

Shenanigans likes this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The main difference in a $500 canopy vs. a $150 one is how hard you'll be crying when a storm destroys them. Just stick with a decent straight leg 10x10 (so it lines up with everyone else's and isn't a trip hazard), tie it down every time, and put it way when it gets stormy.

DmanSlam, noles19 and dobr24 like this.
  11. SlingWing

The first time I used my canopy the wind knocked it over and broke it. Its a “quest” from Dick’s. It would probably be okay if I put more effort into securing it. Rookie mistake..

DmanSlam likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got mine direct from EZUP. They had a 20% sale and then a few more bucks off for taking a "less then desirable" color. At the same time I bought a couple of cheap ones from a company selling off their $250 ones for well under 100 bucks. I donated the cheap ones and they lasted maybe a year before the wind got 'em.

I think mine is a pyramid non vented and it's held up awesome and the stupid color I got has actually proven to be a benefit. The wheels case makes life a lot easier.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the main one I use is a Quest, it's probably 10 seasons old. Luck more than anything...I've seen some really fancy ones heavily secured in the dumpster after a short storm.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this although I do think some of the more well established models are easier to put up and take down by yourself. Wish I knew every time the wind was going to randomly kick up to crazy levels, I would save a lot of money!

15. SlingWing

Surprised no one has suggested nicer sets like these.
    https://www.extremecanopy.com/

They’re very expensive, but are supposed to be very strong and repairable.

I’m looking at the frames that are aluminum with hexagonal legs, and have metal joints instead of plastic.

Have only seen 2 or 3 companies making these.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think I paid around $80 on ebay for mine ( I sometimes outdo DaveK with my frugality). It is very solid, weighs a bloody ton and seems to be holding up very well after a couple of years. Could probably do with a different top as it's a sort of vinyl type affair that looks like it will fall apart if it gets a tear in it.

17. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Could go big baller style and get an inflatable event tent.:D

Inflatable-Tripod_4.jpg

lopitt85, YamahaRick and ToofPic like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I bought a E-Z Up commercial 10x10 in 2010. It doesn't get much use, it's heavy AF, I hate using it, and they don't make replacement parts for it.

The leg broke, I found a company i think from LV that sold me legs to a different model that worked, so it still lives to see another day. Try to avoid white if you can.

19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

+1 on calling them. You can sign up for emails, something is always 20-30% off. If you call, I'm told you can talk your way into whatever the current deal is.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

10% off if you sign up for emails (EZ-UP) from what I remember from when I went to their site a few hours ago.

Man, I can't remember if we got ours direct or through Amazon. :confused:

21. SlingWing

@tiggen, you talking about EZ UP?