1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cancerous Cunt

Discussion in 'General' started by Prospect, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I can't take this scumbag any more.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/911686/1/pedrosa-unhappy-puig-comments

Dani Pedrosa has taken issue with comments by former personal and team manager Alberto Puig, which seemed to question his desire to be a MotoGP champion.

The comments were made in an interview Puig conducted with lavanguardia.com, in which he is quoted as saying he found a 'different' Dani this season.

When asked what Pedrosa was lacking this year, Puig replied that to be a MotoGP champion there are things he has not done: "In life nobody gives you anything. There have been others who wanted to win the title more."

Pedrosa responded with the following post on his official Facebook page (see below), regretting Puig's disappointment after always giving his best, rubbishing any 'doubt' about how much he wanted to be champion and questioning why such 'resentful' opinions were not raised in person while he was in the team, rather than in public once he had left.

TRANSLATED:

I regret the vision and disappointment that Alberto Puig has of the results that I have achieved. Yes, I find it curious that he has been changing abruptly, from one day to the next, his opinion about me. I hope that one day he will get over it. I have given him the best of myself, delivering everything I was capable of at every moment. To doubt that a pilot wants to be a champion is not typical of those who dedicate themselves to this sport. I would have appreciated that all the resentment that he is showing me would have shown me in person with as many opportunities as we have had this year, instead of waiting to do it now that I am no longer in the team, because the morbid persecution does not motivate me the slightest. Everything has its moment. In any case, let him leave in peace those who do not speak ill of him ...

Puig was closely involved in both the start and end of Pedrosa's racing career, plucking the youngster from the Movistar Cup and guiding him during a spectacular rise through the 125 and 250cc ranks.

But the MotoGP crown would elude Pedrosa, who finished title runner-up for Repsol Honda in 2007, 2010 and 2012.

Pedrosa then split from Puig at the end of 2013, but they would be brought back together under very different circumstances when the former grand prix racer was hired as Repsol Honda's new team manager at the end of last season.

Puig then played a leading role in clinching triple MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo's signature to join Marc Marquez next season, thus sending Pedrosa out of the team and - having declined a chance to join Sepang Yamaha - into retirement.

Relations had remained cordial in public - Pedrosa being presented with two of his race bikes during the recent Honda Thanks Day - but the fact Pedrosa has chosen to become a MotoGP test rider for KTM, rather than Honda, suggested unease behind the scenes.

During the same La Vanguardia interview, Puig also gave his opinion on what has been labelled as a 'dream team' line-up of Marquez and Lorenzo, who between them have won all but one MotoGP title since 2010.

Puig "doesn’t pretend or hope they will be [friendly] like cousins. Many team managers look for a non-conflict situation among their riders. For me it is a mistake: they will never win anything."

Instead, Puig accepts the inevitable rivalry, praising Lorenzo for "taking the risk and challenge of coming to this team, which says a lot about him, shows courage, and that he has the ambition to be at the highest level."

However, Puig expects Marquez to respond to that challenge: "If Lorenzo adapts to the bike, he will go very fast. And that will make the level rise.

"In recent years, Marc has not had competition in the team; Dani never shadowed him. If he has a fast rider beside him, Márquez will find a way to go faster, which could be a shock for Jorge."

Finally, Puig was asked to comment on the bitter Marquez-Rossi rivalry, which was reignited in only his second race as Repsol Honda team manager when the pair clashed in Argentina.

"At no time have I seen Marquez out of 'orbit' doing bad deeds towards Rossi; they were always racing incidents," Puig said.

"I respect Rossi, but in life everything has its moment. And like it or not, Marc is number one.

"Márquez does not care at all about the current of opinion they try to generate from the environment of Vale. On the contrary: we have felt his weakness in his actions."

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Wow, both C-words...in the title, no less. :crackup:

Sabre699, BigBird and Prospect like this.
  3. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

He is such a calculating conniving conflagration of catshit. :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  4. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I watched at the Indy GP (can't remember which year) when Pedrosa crashed, picked the bike up, and gutted the race out from dead last.

The last thing that guy is lacking is heart or motivation to win.

Prospect, stk0308 and TLR67 like this.
  6. 2009. He was boo‘ed by many in the crowd, who cheered when he crashed. Totally classless.

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep. For us, it was a highlight of the race to see how far up he would finish.

I have to admit I always thought the "Pedrobot" fit, as he never seemed to have any personality. After that weekend my opinion changed. :D

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Dani put the nail in his coffin yrs ago after he took Nicky out.
    I have no doubt that Puig had a hand in drilling crap into Dani's head that he had a shot at winning championship.
    I can say that Earl raised a good man and it showed that day.
    Cause id of beat that midget half to death if he would have done that to me.
    Nicky took the high road.
    While im not a fan of Dani and called it yrs ago how his career would turn out.
    Puig is a bigger looser with no class.
    Guy brings nothing good to the sport.
    You dont treat you riders like this man does and bring anything positive to this sport.
    In racing you have winners and losers.
    Thats a fact that we all have to come to grips with if we race.
    Not all bad but tough to take at times.
    Colin Edwards told me when he got his 1st paid ride at Vance & Hines.
    I asked him how he was after Daytona with all the engine problems and did it make him mad he didn't do well.
    He looks me in eye and goes dude they are fucking paying to do something id do for FREE! How can i have a bad day?
    Keep that in mind.
    Lol.

Steven

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Puig criticizes Pedrosa because he doesn’t know what it takes to be a MotoGP Champion?

How many titles does Puig have that proves he knows ?

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

One.

Cancerous Cunt

:D

Prospect, Sabre699, VFR#52 and 2 others like this.
  11. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

These are the kind of comments you hear from uncoachable athletes and their parents when they start slagging off a coach or trainer.

Scotty87 likes this.
  12. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Yep, I was one of the classless people that did that. We were sitting in the stands at that final turn onto the straight. I cheered when he crashed, and was wrong for doing so.

I gained a newfound respect and admiration for Dani that day as he refused to give up and kept battling.

stk0308 and VFR#52 like this.
  13. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I cheered Dani on in 2009 at Indy. Was in the grandstands right there where he crashed out and watched him struggle to get the bike up and then never quit. I love being a fan of Nicky as much as anyone but yeah people were being totally classless chumps to cheer his crash or boo Dani. Nicky still won the title, and Dani has more than proven Puig is off base with his comments.

VFR#52 and RRP like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

thought this was another divorce thread. carry-on

cpekz, K51000 and t500racer like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the rest of us cheered big time every time he made another lap. That day cemented me as a Pedrosa fan.

worthless and sharky nrk like this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

For me it was Valencia 2006. People forget that one.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I always like the little guy but seeing him do that in person just put a cap on it. The in person part helped I'm sure.

RRP likes this.
  18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Clicked expecting a thread about Johnson & Johnson...

scottn and BigBird like this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Always liked Dani. And over the years he's one of the guys who never had the butler, entourage, look how great I am attitude. He could have for sure. Spain will probably make him a knight or whatever it is they do. We used to make fun of him for never smiling but in hindsight the dude had a tremendous amount of pressure on him. From the start a lot of people said he couldn't even ride a motogp bike before he ever swung a leg over one.

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Won on his fourth try...