1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we have an honest opinion on _____________?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lanceabillion, Nov 26, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

S
    So, since you know the identities of the
    perpetrators, then I imagine you've had
    some people arrested at times?

Does this village have a name we can Google?

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This thread makes me

[​IMG]

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Holy crap, he was the OG Rachel Dolezal, Shaun King, Jadu, Elizabeth Warren. :crackup: Never knew that.

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Nah, that's Liz's granddeddy.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You can learn a lot from a boomer ;)

8. In Your Corner

Fuckin' A.

9. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

11. In Your Corner

Lawmakers in a Chicago suburb earlier this week approved using taxes
    from recreational marijuana sales to establish a local reparations program.
    The money will go toward job training and other benefits for Evanston's
    black population, the Pioneer Press reported.

“We can implement funding to directly invest in black Evanston pay for more hookers and blow,”
    said Ald. Robin Rue Simmons, who proposed the reparations bill.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

When I was a kid me and pop went hunting for many years around Robeson County, NC and Red Springs with his friend who was Lumbee. Those were good times. Some true life independents and outlaws around there. Crazy history in that area. Like the time they ran the klan out which is famous and funny.

Some much darker stuff went on though like when the Sheriff's department was selling drugs and assassinating people. Lots of wilderness to disappear a body in.

Nobody at the state or federal level cared because it was mainly Indians and black folks on the receiving end. Which led up to the last real outlaw Eddie Hatcher. That motherfucker was something else. Hero or villain depending on who you talked to it was his actions which exposed what was happening down there. He paid hell for it until his dying day. I always found him a fascinating character for what he did in the context of the people of that area who were still struggling for civil rights. A little known piece of history in a place hardly anyone knows or cares much about.

Used to be some great some great quail hunting around there. Not much else but hog farms.

Very little to be found about Eddie these days. I guess the main takeaway is his acquittal royally pissed off the white folks who ran the state at the time and they never stopped going after him. He was an uppity Indian. Whether he was a "good guy" or not depends who you ask.

http://lumbee.library.appstate.edu/news/robesonian-hostage-taker-eddie-hatcher-dies-prison

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, poor communities are like that everywhere. What you're talking about isn't the same thing as people mean overall about Indians anyway. Their modern culture ain't the same as the old school one any more than ours is. As for land, I think they're still a bit more about the land they lost moreso than the crap land they got put on.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You truly think stuff like that is hard to figure out? :crackup: You ain't never even seen the country have you?

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

All he needs to do is scroll down few miles south on that map in to Sun Valley.

16. LarryP

LarryP Banned

DemoRATS do owe reparations. Dey wuz da party of slavery.

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I thought that I'd never hear his name again. I never really figured him out either, but I gravitated toward sympathizing with him because of his commitment. I had some great Lumbee friends back in the day. We used to say that the all night convenience stores in Lumberton close at 9.

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Have you been to southern Colorado? South of Pagosa Springs? They have some of the most beautiful land you’ve ever seen. Absolutely stunning. Dump shacks with a bunch of vehicles(a lot of recent ones that are destroyed) parked everywhere on their property and looks like a mini landfill by each home. They don’t care about any land.

19. LarryP

LarryP Banned

What the hells a ute? I be sayin dat shit in utah. Dey hate it.

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

“Excuse me your honor. The Youuuuuths”
    -My cousin Vinny

LarryP likes this.