1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Aprilia RS50 be competitive?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by freedomgli, Sep 25, 2013.

1. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Clubman Legal...

2. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

I thought 30hp isn't competitive in clubman?

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My son runs F3, which is on track at the same time as Clubman. His 32 horsepower Moriwaki very seldom gets beaten by a Clubman bike.

4. mattology

if my RS'125R' could run within 5 seconds a lap of a moriwaki i'd consider it 100% success! looks like I have something to shoot for.

5. :up:

6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I have seen bikes with WAY less than 30hp win Clubman.

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Better there than the mini class I guess...that way it won't get spanked so bad.;)

8. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

:crackup:

9. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

SouthEast Clubman Novice Champ 2013 Has ~29HP... Ask Me How I Know...

10. mattology

I rode my 125 swapped Aprilia 50 at Jennings in reverse back to back with my Aprilia RS250. The info on the bike is on this forum, titled "My Mini".

It felt faster through the corners than the 250! But the really tight stuff I think it would lose to the even smaller bikes.

11. isxlow

isxlow Well-Known Member

sadly the RS50 stock will get stomped by anything else on the grid... I know this 1st hand. However.... If you gear it right you might be able to hang with the stock xr's. If you put a 125 in it... WOOAH! Sold our cause it was too big for my son. But would have loved to have put a 125 in it.