1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Mar 24, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

keep the market from surging for a few more days?

I closed a 401K from my previous employer a few weeks ago (down a ton) and had them send a check to my new 401K.

thinking no big deal shit will be down for a minute. And NOW people want to start buying stocks and drive the market up. Of course my monies not back in yet. FML.

Lets all start rumors Pelosi or schumer is going to torpedo the stimulus.

Thanks,

2. Shit, you’re right. I haven’t looked in several days (too depressing), but it’s up a lot today.

I’ve got a lot of Uber and Lyft, and they are up 12% and 17% respectively.

Even some of my oilfield related ones are up 8%-20%.

They are all still down from a month ago though.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Mine's all in.

tony 340 likes this.
  4. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Biggest up day for Dow since 1933 I'm told.

K51000, Gorilla George and tony 340 like this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I changed my pay .

80% currently going to 401k while it is cheap.

Once all these pussies stop tripping out I'll switch it back to 12%.

K51000 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:offtopic: FYI, vacation time doubles each time.
    You may now return to your regular dance over the threshold. :)

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Don’t worry too much Dan, I have a feeling we haven’t seen the last of the big dips. Can you roll it into one of the cash funds and then move it to an S&P fund in a week or two? I hope the market stays up, but I think it hasn’t found the bottom yet.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If we've shown ANYTHING over the past couple of weeks it's that we do not comprehend exponential growth...

A. Barrister likes this.
  9. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

We had a spike a week ago as well. I think we will go through another drop and the market will stay volatile for another month or more.

10. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I was told to not bother with it until I go to take it out...until then...let it ride. You panic'd and should have just let it sit until things settled out. You only lose if you cash out.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

The market's on a roller coaster right now....this too shall pass. Hold the rudder, stay the course. We've been through dips before and emerged just fine on the other side.
    Right now...your're buying in cheap and increasing the number of shares you own of your investments. That's my two cents.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  12. ChemGuy

I didnt take it out trying to time anything. mainly cause I finally got all the effin paperwork done and shit was crashing so might as well move it now and let it ride back up in the new account. Its been a week since the account was cashed out, then they have to mail a check and then schwab has to deposit the check etc. I hope its back in play this week.

But if by the end of the week were back up 40% you can all send me some sex toys in the maill. Send to Metal heads house he'll hold them for me. :p

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. ChemGuy

I'm back in as of today....Its not a ton of cash but going by my history I was gonna take the whole ride down, cash out and miss the ride back up...

Now if one of can you tell the market we're good and go back to increasing, that'd be greaaaat.
    Thanks a bunch Milton.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

And I use them before you come get them just for spite.

15. ChemGuy

OK Tiger King.

:D