1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can’t find a machine shop in Phoenix.

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Brett770, May 14, 2021.

1. Brett770

Brett770 New Member

I’ve got a 74 RD 350 Yamaha and I picked up a set of new cylinders, pistons, and rings from England / India. Turns out they weren’t a matched set. I need to get them honed out. One cylinder the piston starts in then stops. Anybody know of a decent shop in Phoenix.

2. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

3. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Can't remember the name but I had some work done by a machine shop just south of Deer Valley airport in the industrial area. He mostly did aircraft stuff, so I imagine he could handle it well enough (if he's still there). There are/were a couple bike shops in the area, so one of them should know of it.

4. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Was it Super Finishers?

https://superfinishersinc.com/

5. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Might of been. It was, yeesh? 10-15 years ago!! They were in an industrial unit off a side street just south of Deer Valley, about where the website shows.

6. tz250racer

tz250racer Active Member

How about any machine shops back east? Particularly in the Northern Va/DC area.
    Looking to lighten my bike up and been told someone in the forum does rotor (rear of course) lightening.

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

What's the bike?

8. tz250racer

tz250racer Active Member

As crazy as it sounds, a TZ250.

9. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I figured that but sometimes screen names doesn't always correlate to bikes as they come and go.
    If you want send me a pic, I'll PM my info
    I have programs for lightening RSV4 and S1000rr rear rotors