1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Campaign funds for daycare?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/25/politics/child-care-campaign-expenses/index.html

Gender has nothing to do with this. Any funds donated to a campaign should not be allowed to be used to pay for babysitting. Childcare is a personal expense and effort and should be worked out between the parents and family or an expense the candidate has to pay for themselves.

How many of you get your employer to pick up the tab on your babysitting? Or get it paid for from donations from anonymous people just giving you money that they think is going to another purpose?

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Ever worked with a federal employee before? I've watched a few write child care off as a work related tax expense. Some even create their own LLC's for the scam and easily get away with it.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I work with thousands of them.

I have no issue with using creative accounting loopholes to your favor.

But it’s their money. Not campaign funds that were donated by constituents. To my mind that crosses an ethical boundary.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Sorry but I think the official is wrong. From an economic perspective, I believe she’s correct. This is an expense that she otherwise would not have incurred had she not run for office. That seems campaign connected to me. I don’t see it as any different than paying for a hotel for campaign stops. The official argued from a moral perspective, not a legal or economic one. Allowing or disallowing the use of campaign funds based on moral sanctimony isn’t helpful to anyone and just makes what’s allowed or disallowed completely subjective and capricious. It should be judged on legal merits and whether it’s an expense incurred because of the campaign.

fastfreddie likes this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So, if you're 200 miles away from home and the wifey, then hookers are OK? :Poke:

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Or in Hillary's case hookers for your husband who stayed home.

7. SGVRider

Hookers are always ok. But not legal across most parts of this Puritan land. I guess the campaign could pay for them, if you entertained in Nevada. :D

8. SGVRider

Well that would be fair. She wouldn’t have to pay for hookers if she weren’t campaigning, as he could just keep porking random broads for free.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Agreed. I wont be complaining about individuals working the system while being expected to celebrate massive companies doing the same.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Like the tit job is a business expense for the Hooters ho...

SGVRider likes this.
  11. SGVRider

If we want to be technical, it’s not an expense. If they allowed it, it should be depreciated as the value was consumed over multiple years. Matching principle and all that jazz. Plus you’d have to allocate a proportion to business and personal use each. I wonder if there are any studies on the effects of new titties on wages? I’m down to do field research.

12. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

SGVRider likes this.
  13. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

That vid should go in the gratuities thread

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I only did it here to show that a study was conducted...

And data is is beautiful!!! :beer:

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Women gave 40% more too. Everybody likes big boobs. :)

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sure...say yes. But then insist that she runs on that as a campaign slogan..."Elect me and you'll pay for my childs daycare."

17. SGVRider

Awesome. Them titties look pretty nice. I liked when the black dude stirring sugar into his coffee gave side eye at her titties and mouthed “ooooh”. Hahaha.

Experiment was poorly designed though. No control subject. They accounted for hourly seasonal variation but not daily since they ran it for only 2 days. They only tested one type of interaction. Claiming it’s proven is BS. We still need more titty research.

18. SGVRider

Big titties = big charm

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

But there is a point when too big is worse than flat.