1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam and the superbike

Discussion in 'General' started by Newsshooter, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Heard over the weekend that Cam was supposed to test on Monday at Willow, anyone heard anything about it?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Based on the pics on facetubes it's Buttonwillow but he's been riding it.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The post on fb was positive. If he stays healthy I predict a lot of track records will fall.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup.....we all saw what happened the first year Marquez jumped to the best big bike on the grid.

6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i dont have face tubes but that pic posted is definitely buttonwillow.

7. Cam will be the 2014 AMA superbike champ. I have no doubt. I'm a big fan of Josh Hayes too, but I just think Cam is that good. I hope to see him on a factory Moto GP bike in 2015.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Cam will be to Hayes what Spies was to Mladin I think. Herrin did a great job in 2013 no doubt, but he definitely did not push Hayes to up his game the way Spies did to Mladin, and they both made each other faster in the process.

9. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Isn't Rossi's contract up then?? :Poke:
    OR put him and Marc Marq on the same team like the good ol' days! :Poke:

10. speedybee43

speedybee43 Well-Known Member

Does anyone think Herrin's success will have any impact on Cam's or any other young American's future on the world stage.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really - Europe is always looking to the US for talent and there are a lot of good riders here, they already know that.

12. As of now, all four of the best rides (unless Gigi can perform a miracle) are up for grabs in 2015, although, if Honda's smart they will sign Marc to an extension very soon. I'd be fine with it if Cam took over Rossi's spot.

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Marc will re-sign to Repsol, Jorge to defect to Honda, Dani picked up by Yamaha, I think the only real question is Rossi's seat. IMO, he'll retire from MotoGP after 2014 and do something else.

Without Lorenzo, Yamaha hasn't really a prayer of winning a title, though Pedro would likely be competitive and in the hunt. If Lorenzo leaves they won't take a risk of taking even a supremely talented superbike guy like Cam directly to the factory unless they have no choice.

If Pol Espargaro does well at Tech3 he'll be promoted to the factory team, if not then Cam might have a shot at pulling a Nicky and going directly there. I think if he goes directly to MotoGP Tech3 is where he'll land. Most likely Bradley Smith is gone after 2014, so there could be 2 seats at Tech Trois.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  14. caferace

caferace No.

Am I the only one who think it's funny that people think they know who will land where in 2015? :D

-jim

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, I hope it's not the Josh Hayes show next year. I hope Cam does something and Yosh comes back and gives them a run.

Peeeegravel riding again next year or is he going to hire a rider? He's yapped about doing that for years.

Is there even a DMG silly season?

16. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

No. But they've got inside info. Right?

17. Yep. It's detailed on the RRW website at various times throughout the season. It usually has something to do with Big Macs, or the lack there of.:D

18. caferace

caferace No.

But of course. :)

-jim

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The Dung Beetle successfully (in all likelihood) predicted Marky Mark 2013 MotoGP champ in 2011, and those were very long odds.

I think we can handicap who will be where in 2015 for the top factory spots with a reasonable expectation of being correct on some counts. Plus, I love rampant speculation. I should learn Italian and become a journalist, then I can earn tens of dollars for making shit up. :p

I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll bet you 50 bucks to the AFF that Lorenzo joins Repsol Honda for 2015 on.

20. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

:cool: Dream job...
    And if yamaha doesn't bring jorge a bike he feels is competitive then he's jumping ship, no doubt about it.