1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California Travel Question

Discussion in 'General' started by TSWebster, Mar 22, 2015.

1. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I will be riding my R1100S out to California in late spring. It has a Staintune exhaust. Are the California LEOs gonna hassle me about it? Here in Tennessee nobody really cares.

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Probably not. There might be a couple really wealthy areas where the popos might make a stink, but the vast majority of the state it won't be an issue.

3. Wouldn't worry about it at all. Stick with the flow of traffic and no one will care what you're doing.

4. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

No...you will be fine...I had the same exhaust setup on mine when I had an 1100S....

Lots of great roads to travel on...if you are in the San Diego area at all, I would be happy to show you around the back country here....

5. caferace

caferace No.

And come to Northern California, we'll hook you up.

-jim

6. TSWebster

Thanks for the info. I may hit you guys up when I'm out there in May.

7. Some good canyon roads about 5 minutes from my house. If you're in Southern California let me know. If you need to do any maint or repairs while you're down here you're more than welcome to come on by as well, should have everything you need.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

They didn't even twig at the Akrapovic on the Kawasaki when we went out there last year.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If you blend in nobody will give you a second look. Too many assholes for the cops to deal with to worry about some dude's exhaust if he's otherwise obeying the law.

10. TSWebster

Thought about carrying the baffles and sticking them while in Kally even though it runs rich with them in. Guess I'll leave them at home. And try to stay close to the speed limit. And what about carrying? Those kooks gonna bust me for that if I get stopped?

11. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Carrying will be an issue if you get stopped and mention it. If it's in your saddle bags, I wouldn't mention it. keep it within 10 mph if the speed limit and riding safe, you won't get pulled over

12. TSWebster

It won't be in my saddlebags. It's no use there. Maybe they won't search me for speeding. I feel like I am going to another country.

13. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Comifornia doesn't recognize your TN carry permit. Odds are, you'll be fine, but could lead to problems in an accident situation... As with many things in life, risk vs. reward, roll of dice, all that chit and what yer comfortable with.

http://www.tn.gov/safety/handgun/reciprocity.shtml

14. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Something to consider......as was mentioned in the other post....reciprocal carry agreement does not seem to be honored in Ca......

And yes...leave those baffles at home....you will not need them at all.... :)

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Double check your state's concealed carry reciprocity with California. My suggestion would be tank bag or saddlebag.

The other thing is that there is a rule about magazine capacity: 10.

You may want to double check this section of the Cal-Guns forum:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=349

16. TSWebster

Tank bag would a reasonable alternative, I think. Easily and quickly accessible. Capacity won't be a problem.

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

you plan on shooting while riding? lol. we are not an open carry state. if its visible, expect to be cuffed.

are you camping along the way? or hotel?

we have a 10 round cap on all magazines, pistol/rifle etc.

you wont get searched for a speeding ticket, hell ive never been searched during any traffic stop. license and registration, hand em over, be polite, youre fine. they will ask you to take your helmet off and shut the bike off though.

once, i was asked to step off the motorcycle. only once, and the officer pulled over a group of 4 of us on sport bikes, so i think he was expecting one of us to take off.

only other time i was commuting a bit too quick and they just wanted my helmet off and engine shut off. gave him my license and reg and insurance and actually got off with a warning.

the law out here really isnt too bad if you arent acting like a jackass.