1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California to ban portable gasoline-powered generators by 2028!

Discussion in 'General' started by duc995, Dec 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Did you watch the vid?

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You do realize that shit happens and will happen regardless of technology. Fukushima is example.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yep. Shit will happen. Shit happens in all industries. The problem with nuclear incidents is they are high profile and release their pollutants all at once. Solar and wind are a more controlled release of pollutants as they mine elements, manufacture, install then dispose of end of life components. That is without considering the effect on the environment covering the ground with solar panels or erecting all of the turbine towers. It would take over 3 million 320 watt solar panels or over 400 of the windmills just to equal the output of 1 average size reactor. And we have not even delved in to the pollution created building and maintaining an energy storage system so that the lights did not go out when the sun was not shining or when there was no wind. Fukushima was also ancient technology designed in the 1960s placed in a vulnerable area. The new reactors use lower energy fuels and are significantly less prone to meltdowns / releases of radioactive materials. Like it or not, nuclear is the only technology available to us at this time that has the ability to be scaled up to the point that it could replace hydrocarbons for power generation, especially with the push to go to electric everything. The only thing holding us back is the fear.

tl1098, pickled egg and baconologist like this.
  4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Count me in, don't trust that shit

5. I have absolutely no idea what that picture is trying to say, or is supposed to mean.

But now I need a pet manatee.

pickled egg and Ducati89 like this.
  6. [​IMG]

pickled egg, Ducati89 and crashman like this.
  7. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Fukashima should have been upgraded at some point. That goes without saying. Its that kind of over sight that frightens me a little. How many other nuke plants need upgrading but because of the expense, theyre just left alone.

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Wow...I get a couple low level warning shots about my "chicks with dicks beating girls in the pool" thread yet this thread goes on unabated....interesting....;)

Sabre699 and Banditracer like this.
  9. Ducati89

Its the end of the year. The pie monster is full of joy:D

kangasj likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Those chicks wouldn’t have dicks if it weren’t for all the imitations caused by nukular waste and drinking from the discharge line :Poke:

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

We should. Don't forget to run a second extension cord so all those shitheads with loud generators in the paddock can finally stop using them.

Ducati89 likes this.
  12. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Too bad,this is a good thread, differing points of view,minimal name calling,how long til it gets NUKED?;)

13. Ducati89

Well played.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Someone will have a meltdown ;)

Ducati89 likes this.
  15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

You can’t have one .. they are illegal to pet or feed …

Edit : even though they are starving due to depleted Sea Grass , you can’t feed them

16. Can't even pet them???

What kind of shit is that.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They are called rules. Probably has something to do with not wanting an endangered species to be too comfortable approaching humans.
    Get one of these:
    upload_2021-12-21_11-37-51.png

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I've noticed that the folks who want windmills make sure they are
    built far away from them because they are very unpleasant to live near.

crashman and baconologist like this.
  19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Manatee's are the "Gerry Cooney" of sea life. If you look at them wrong they die.

:D

R Acree likes this.
  20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You can swim with them in Homosassa Florida and you can touch them but with only one hand. You cannot hold onto them or pursue or block their path but if they come up to you it's fair game. They are very curious and gentle creatures. Wife and I used to go out there every year and charter a private boat to go swim with them.

KneeDragger_c69 and baconologist like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.